Using your real identity

Kaynil

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Nov 23, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I've noticed that sometimes people use their real identities. They have their real names as usernames and their pictures of avatars. This was a practice that used to be frown upon so badly a decade ago, but with the rise of social networks and the internet becoming available to almost everybody, it has become less of a taboo.

How do feel about it? How far are you willing to go about reveal your real identity in a community?
Would you use your name as your username? Your picture as your avatar? Where do you draw the line?

I am willing to reveal my identity provided the site is save and have no scam traces. What is worth doing is worth doing well

I've noticed that sometimes people use their real identities. They have their real names as usernames and their pictures of avatars. This was a practice that used to be frown upon so badly a decade ago, but with the rise of social networks and the internet becoming available to almost everybody, it has become less of a taboo.

How do feel about it? How far are you willing to go about reveal your real identity in a community?
Would you use your name as your username? Your picture as your avatar? Where do you draw the line?
This is one thing that i do not do because i feel that there are lot of security concerns when it comes to doing this and therefore i think that it can pose a major risk to you.

It depends upon the site. If the site is professional and helps you to gain knowledge interacting with like-minded people, then won't mind using my true name and avatar. For the Sites where I participate for fun, would use nicknames and made-up avatars.

Using your total real name on forums seems kind of dorky to me. However, the first name is O.K. Also, I don't mind people's real pictures if that floats their boat. However, secrecy has a cool thing to it.

There's a lot of people that do use their real name on these forums and from my personal point of view i think that even a first name can be enough for people to find out information on you.

I prefer anonymity online. Unless it's a social networking site where you can limit people who see your posts or personal details (Twitter, etc.). I don't feel safe and comfortable revealing my true identity, especially when the people I interact with are total strangers. You never know who to trust online.

I prefer anonymity online. Unless it's a social networking site where you can limit people who see your posts or personal details (Twitter, etc.). I don't feel safe and comfortable revealing my true identity, especially when the people I interact with are total strangers. You never know who to trust online.
there is a lot of people that tend to feel this way and i do agree with you as well because at the moment there is a lot of concern with many people when it ocmes to online security.

I prefer anonymity on the Internet. Unless it's a social networking site that allows you to limit who sees your posts and personal information (such as Twitter). I don't feel safe or secure in revealing my true identity. Especially if the person you are interacting with is a stranger. You never know who you can trust online.

Actually it's not a bad idea to reveal your identity including your photo on a particular site but you should be very mindful that the site is a legit one so you will not be a victim of some frauds.

Depending on the location.
I won't mind using my real name and avatar if the website is professional and aids in knowledge acquisition through interaction with like-minded others.

personally, i do not like using my real identity, as i like to stay anonymous and air out my views or feelings especially on social media networks. but with time i might decide to change and go with my real names.

Personally I think using your real identity in a forums depends in the kind of forum you are operating. personally I dknt use my real identity for security purposes.

I really don't know why i can't use my name as my username or use my picture as my avatar on a forum. I just don't feel comfortable about it. I would try it out one day though.

In the past, I used to use my real identity when I created accounts on websites, however, after constant harassment, I started using a screen name. However, I like using the same screen name across multiple forums.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back