What's new

Unlimited

Deleted member 403

I'm not sure whether it is just me however hosting companies advertising "unlimited" hosting really grinds my gears. Nothing is unlimited, I can offer unlimited emails because there is no limit on them as long as they are within usage however disk space and bandwidth is impossible to be unlimited. I personally like to be upfront about everything and instead of advertising "unlimited", knowing the real usage is 10GB, i'd rather advertise it as 10GB.

What are your thoughts?

There is a hosting package that says unlimited web hosting. I interpret this services as a service that will allow me to host any number of websites. Since I have not tried this I do not know what the service is like.

MY hosting company provides unlimited website hosting. Literally speaking I can host any number of websites. However, technically this is not possible because I will be out or resources for my hosting service.

Now this is where I actually have problem with most hosting services because if they are advertising their hosting space as unlimited it means that they are not being sincere with their customers because they can never be anything like unlimited.

I'm not sure whether it is just me however hosting companies advertising "unlimited" hosting really grinds my gears. Nothing is unlimited, I can offer unlimited emails because there is no limit on them as long as they are within usage however disk space and bandwidth is impossible to be unlimited. I personally like to be upfront about everything and instead of advertising "unlimited", knowing the real usage is 10GB, i'd rather advertise it as 10GB.

What are your thoughts?
I think that's just a catch phrase they use in attracting customers. Like most of the times the service providers in my country usually bring up data plan and they tag it unlimited. Meaning we can use it as much as we want through out the month it will never finish. What they actually do is they give you enough gigabytes or terabytes they feel would last you for the whole month

MY hosting company provides unlimited website hosting. Literally speaking I can host any number of websites. However, technically this is not possible because I will be out or resources for my hosting service.
Thanks for clarifying this topic. I have checked unlimited hosting from ipage, they say you can host unlimited websites for $35 per year. If you are giving limited resources, what's the point of calling unlimited hosting.

That is true. Nothing is unlimited. They are just saying that to get more customers. I have been fooled by them before until I thought of it. They have limited storage on there computer. How come will the offer unlimited storage to there customers

Well the reason why the say unlimited is because they know that majority of the people can never exhaust the space given by the hosting account.

Is there anything like unlimited services online? I think it's because they need to earn more customers. I prefer they list their services like per month or per year to know it will be reliable to some extent.

Well I am going to say it is apparently unlimited because those who are using the email everyday cannot exhaust within didn't short period of time.

I am on "unlimited" plan with Namecheap. The hosting package will let me host unlimited number of websites. However, there is also a condition to this "unlimited" plan. They have given me limited bandwith and limited diskspace, which means I cannot actually host unlimited websites. I think this is a marketing gimmick, and users should become aware of what unlimited actually means or any condition attached with unlimited plan

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back