Topics overflow

The Raven

Knight
500 Posts Club
Aug 18, 2023
USD
$2.6000USD
Biznotes
It may seem like a good idea when your forum is fresh to open million topics as admin however that is not quite good idea because users will see so many topics out there and won't be interested to read a complete list of all of them. Another thing is that you want them to open topics and why is that? When user open a topic it shows he has interest in that and when you join to discuss with him he is happy there is somebody who shares same interest as him.

What do you think of this? Is it good idea to overflow your forum with topics by yourself?

I wouldn't recommend doing that. If anything I'd try to get a group of friends to join and create initial topics and get the ball moving. You can also pay for forum posters to help with making it look active with new users and also hopefully help draw more people in. It's fine for an admin to post some topics, I do it all the time. But it's good to let more of the users post topics. You also don't want to post every post idea you have at once, slow it down a bit.

It shouldn't be only your topic that should be plastered over your forum when it's launched. There need to be varieties of topics from different people. If it's only your topics in your forum, it will look odd.

I don't like opening new topics when there are already similar topics on the forums. I am the kind of person who belives all discussions on similar subjects should happen on the same topics. I give more emphasis on posts rather than topics. It does not make sense to open new topics that hardly get any replies.

Personally, I don't think there is any problem with having most of the topics in your forum created by yourself when the community was just launched. The most important thing is for those topics to be something that is engaging which people will be interesting for your forum members to take part in its discussion. When more people join, they can decide to start creating their own topic of interest.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back