What's new

Starting a YouTube competitor? Is it possible?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Is it even possible to create a competitor to YouTube? We've seen people try and fail. We got Vimeo, and Dailymotion I think. I don't know of any other YouTube like sites. I wish I had the ability to make my own YouTube competitor, but alas I don't think anyone can come close to what YouTube offers today.

I still remember the times when YouTube was not what it is today, and there was a competitor called Tutv apart from the ones you mentioned, I don't even know if Tutv exists anymore, as you say there are alternative sites but it's very difficult to compete with YouTube, I recently got to know another similar platform called Odysee, but YouTube right now is the king unless some other platform comes along that can really deal with it.

Haven't TikTok done it already? Twitch is another video streaming platform which have given YouTube a very strong competition. Most gamers left YouTube and started using Twitch for their streaming. TikTok took almost every other aspect of streaming. YouTube doesn't have monopoly anymore.

When tiktok was started no one thought it would pose a serious threat to facebook and youtube. In order to survive, these existing platforms also started rolling out short videos. I think there is always a possibility for new platform as long as the new platform provides something better. For instance, these days Kick is making a lot of noise.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back