What's new

Reviews Review Movie Hub

If you want, I can do a 200 words review for Movbie Hub and I will send the review via PM.

Movie Hub Review
Who is this site's target audience? Who does the owner want to visit the site?
: This is not clear at all. Movies is too generic and general of a site niche - this site needs to niche down and provide value to movie viewers that other sites don't. The Honest Trailers YouTube channel group is a good example of a movie niche operation that works.

What value does this site provide to its target audience?: It provides a listing of current movie trailers and movie news. It's just a database compilation of news, with a minimum of commentary on the movies. No reviews seem to be present.

It does provide a section for commenters to fight about Marvel vs. DC and two interviews with an actor and an actress. However, I'm not seeing anything that distinguishes it from any other movie site in existence. What makes this one special?

Is the target audiance and value provided clear from the homepage?: No.

Site design: Clear and easy to read. It's white text on a black background, though with gray borders. At least the generic style matches the genericness of the content. :p

I'd like to see a slight increase in colorful borders and images as part of the design, without impairing the readability of the text. Using a background-color: rgba (250, 250, 250, 0.8) on all of the areas that contain text below the header is a good way to increase the visibility of text over a colorful background, should you decide to go that way in the future. The 4th number, alpha, increases or decreases transparency.

Changing the gray borders in the navigation for a dark blue or purple would help, or even tan to match the panda, would help, as well as making them slighty bigger and darker.

Code quality and accessibility: Seems okay, but there are some errors:

Screenshot (823).png
Looks like you have a misplaced <style> tag where it doesn't belong. <style> tags only belong in the header of the site, so I suggest that you move it there.

You also have some accessibility issues you may wish to check on: https://www.accessibilitychecker.org/audit/?website=https://moviehubblog.com/&flag=us

Conclusion: Overall, the biggest thing that needs to happen is that the owner of Movie Hub needs to research competing movie sites in their niche to understand what they need to do to distinguish themselves. What do they offer the average moviegoer that competitors can't? What is their specialty? As they answer that question, they will be able to decide who they want to come to their site, and then design the site to appeal to their target audience. This is the most important issue the site must address to be successful, and needs fixed before any minor coding nitpicks, since the site needs redesigned for niche.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back