What's new

Received too much traffic that it took your site down?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Was there ever a time where you got too much traffic and it ended up taking your site down temporarily? It happens to most site owners who gain a lot of traffic. There will always be those days where you get a decent influx of traffic and it puts a toll on the servers and bam, boom, sites down for a bit.

How often does this sort of thing happen to you?

Well, frankly speaking too much traffic has never occurred to my sites. But once my site was down due to DDOS attack and DDoS happen when someone sends malacious traffic to your site. I have been waiting for upgrading my hosting once my traffic improves but that has never happened to me

I don't think I have ever been in a situation where my site has received so much traffic, it has caused it to go down. I have seen other sites that have had this issue, especially ones that are selling something or announcing something and many people try to access the site at the same time.

The only time I would think this would happen to any of my sites is through a DDOS attack but we do all we can to help prevent those.

I don't think that it happens with sites often, or that it might happen when someone has a huge fan following on social media.

For instance, I recently heard about a site getting down when an influencer on Instagram shared in her insta story that her site had stopped loading properly due to high traffic.

The reason I observed could be her pre-launch brand promotion for almost a month. It made her followers so excited that they wanted to buy her stuff before it went out of stock. So it can happen in such cases.

Not that I can recall. I mean if this were to happen, it would mean I am getting attacked but because I self-host I can make some changes on the back end to prevent my server from being overloaded.

I haven't experienced my site going down due to too much traffic, but I can imagine it would be quite challenging if it happened. Handling a sudden surge in visitors requires robust hosting and infrastructure. It's a good problem to have in a way, as it indicates growing interest, but it emphasizes the importance of preparing for scalability. Regularly checking and optimizing the website's performance is crucial to ensure it can handle increased traffic without disruptions.

I don't think I have ever been in a situation where my site has received so much traffic, it has caused it to go down. I have seen other sites that have had this issue, especially ones that are selling something or announcing something and many people try to access the site at the same time.

The only time I would think this would happen to any of my sites is through a DDOS attack but we do all we can to help prevent those.
Do not expect that there are true users it could be someone promoting the referral link on manual autosurf like easy hits 4 u or similar manual autosurf or admailers or safelists that are people visit the link for a reward that causes this high size of traffic in half of cases.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back