What's new

Physical media is going away, what does that mean for collectors?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you guys been hearing lately that some stores in the US will no longer be selling physical media, as in DVDs, blu-rays, CDs etc. They want to do away with physical media it seems and move on to digital. So far Walmart and Best Buy have stated they will be removing physical media in the near future.

This could also result in video games going down a similar route, as we've been expecting physical media on its way out for years now. Digital is here to stay, as much as collectors and fans hate to see. Do you accept that this is coming? Or do you wish to see physical media stick around longer?

I am a movie collector. However, I have only a handful of DVDs. I have a digital library of movies. It is true that physical media is going away but this does not mean, you cannot collect the digital version of the media. I have a movie library of 1 TB. I have song library of 300 GB.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back