Old music remixed?

Decentlady

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Nov 7, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Lots of old musics were remixed in 90's and given a new face. Some turned out to be a great idea to while others not so great.

What do you think? Is remixing some sort of plagiarism? Or is it being creative?

Remixing music is not plagiarism, it's actually a plus on the songs. You can listen to some music over and over again until you get bored and all you need is a little change to bring it to life again.

I don't think it's plagiarism if they asked for permission or revived something very old but most of the time, they completely ruin the music. I think they should just leave good music alone unless they have a history of actually improving them.

Is thid
I don't think it's plagiarism if they asked for permission or revived something very old but most of the time, they completely ruin the music. I think they should just leave good music alone unless they have a history of actually improving them.

Is this a fact that every remixed music actually asks for permission from the original owner?

Is thid

Is this a fact that every remixed music actually asks for permission from the original owner?
No. I've known of some artists that have been sued for remixing music. They sometimes claim they're doing the original a favor by reviving a dead song and feel they shouldn't be sued because of it. One should always ask permission especially when money is involved.

I hate remixes. I mean what is the point in fiddling with the old hits which have a certain standards of their own. Modern beats and music can be added to another song as well. So I feel there is no point in hampering the old melodies. Let them be the way they are.

Oh, no... I don't think that would be a good idea. I would hate to have to hear some incredible classics songs being destroyed by the hands of those mercenary producers where the only thing they aim at is money.

Classical / Old songs should be untouchable. :cool:

Oh, no... I don't think that would be a good idea. I would hate to have to hear some incredible classics songs being destroyed by the hands of those mercenary producers where the only thing they aim at is money.

Classical / Old songs should be untouchable. :cool:
Thanks a lot for agreeing with me. Even I cannot accept any kind of changes in old melodies. Any change in the beat, rhythm and lyrics is not easily accepted by me.

Some say that the music industry is saturated with artists and henceforth they need to come up with such remixes so as to show their calibre. Manipulating the old to bring out new is not a good way of showing personal talents.

Thanks a lot for agreeing with me. Even I cannot accept any kind of changes in old melodies. Any change in the beat, rhythm and lyrics is not easily accepted by me.

Some say that the music industry is saturated with artists and henceforth they need to come up with such remixes so as to show their calibre. Manipulating the old to bring out new is not a good way of showing personal talents.

You're welcome. :)

I don't think that mixing a song shows the musical caliber of any artist, quite the contrary... It just makes him/her another similar one in an immensity of artificial similarities.

To be 100% honest, I even think that some remixes are interesting for some current songs (but just for the entertainment purpose). With old songs this should never be done.

You're welcome. :)

I don't think that mixing a song shows the musical caliber of any artist, quite the contrary... It just makes him/her another similar one in an immensity of artificial similarities.

To be 100% honest, I even think that some remixes are interesting for some current songs (but just for the entertainment purpose). With old songs this should never be done.
Manipulating an old blockbuster so as to bring about changes in music and beats is far easy than composing a entirely new one.

Alteration is,easy and I don't think that of is a good way of showing and testing g talent. Pick a new song and then make it a blockbuster.

no i don't like remix because it degrade the person who work so hard for the original composition of it.

From what I know with remixed music, the producer asks permission from the original owner who holds the copyright. The issue of copyright now is a hot one that plagiarism in music is difficult to do. The remixed version is actually a revival of sorts so I guess it is a plus factor when it comes to exposure. Old music dies just like that, going to oblivion when it is not played. The remixed version is one way of reminding the public about the old song. I don't love remixed versions though, I prefer the original version.

There are different reasons for this sometimes-and a few would be, to revise the song for nightclub play or create a stereo sound to the song, also even improve the fidelity of the song as well. Other times they are just looking to fit it into a new music genre sometimes. I think the best reason would be to alter the song for artistic reasons though and maybe make it more popular so it will sell better?

From what I know with remixed music, the producer asks permission from the original owner who holds the copyright. The issue of copyright now is a hot one that plagiarism in music is difficult to do. The remixed version is actually a revival of sorts so I guess it is a plus factor when it comes to exposure. Old music dies just like that, going to oblivion when it is not played. The remixed version is one way of reminding the public about the old song. I don't love remixed versions though, I prefer the original version.
I agree with your point. Remixes are always made with an intention of reviving the old melodies. Some come out with great results which are even better than the original tracks. But most of them spoil the song completely and make it end up in a complete disaster. This kind of manhandling is what I decline.

I beg to differ with some of you, cause remakes are often equal to the original - and sometimes better.
You said it right "sometimes". But at those other times when they end up in a disaster then it is a real pity. They do do much injustice to the old super hits.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back