Misuse of moderator power

The Raven

Knight
500 Posts Club
Aug 18, 2023
USD
$2.6000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever witnessed a misuse of moderator power? Somebody who doesn't agree with your opinion and hates listening to what you write so he keeps deleting posts or in worse case scenario - bans you.

This happened to me today in one forum. A moderator (doctor in real life) spoke to me in a very insulting manner and when I replied she kept deleting my posts and then banned me for 2 days. The worse thing, administrator is all good with such things happening and they wonder why they have less and less people there.

Have you ever witnessed a misuse of moderator power? Somebody who doesn't agree with your opinion and hates listening to what you write so he keeps deleting posts or in worse case scenario - bans you.

This happened to me today in one forum. A moderator (doctor in real life) spoke to me in a very insulting manner and when I replied she kept deleting my posts and then banned me for 2 days. The worse thing, administrator is all good with such things happening and they wonder why they have less and less people there.
I have never witnessed such behavior by a moderator, but that situation you lived in is very deplorable, I think that if they give you the power to be a moderator you should act accordingly and maintain order in the forum, and not cause the chaos that surely that moderator was creating, honestly he was doing something that is the opposite of what a moderator should do.

I have never witnessed such behavior by a moderator, but that situation you lived in is very deplorable, I think that if they give you the power to be a moderator you should act accordingly and maintain order in the forum, and not cause the chaos that surely that moderator was creating, honestly he was doing something that is the opposite of what a moderator should do.
I was banned twice on that subforum (Health) where I have full right to say my opinion on doctors and them being brainwashed. But I didn't insult her directly, nor it was insult. It was just my opinion on most doctors. She speaks to me like I am garbage. But doesn't allow to see any reply.

Sad part is that administration is okay with that.

I was banned twice on that subforum (Health) where I have full right to say my opinion on doctors and them being brainwashed. But I didn't insult her directly, nor it was insult. It was just my opinion on most doctors. She speaks to me like I am garbage. But doesn't allow to see any reply.

Sad part is that administration is okay with that.
I mean, he took it as a personal offense, he should know how to distinguish between an insult to his person towards a general view, especially if he has moderating powers, but well, if he and the administration see that toxic behavior as something fair, it is better on your part to leave the forum and look for another alternative, because you can see that you are not well received there.

I mean, he took it as a personal offense, he should know how to distinguish between an insult to his person towards a general view, especially if he has moderating powers, but well, if he and the administration see that toxic behavior as something fair, it is better on your part to leave the forum and look for another alternative, because you can see that you are not well received there.
That's the only most active forum I know of. Literally the most active forum I've seen by far. When it comes to war between Hamas and Israel, they have 700 pages already written in 20 days. :D

That's the only most active forum I know of. Literally the most active forum I've seen by far. When it comes to war between Hamas and Israel, they have 700 pages already written in 20 days. :D
Well, they will lose it if they continue to treat their users like this, but well, maybe I'm wrong and everything goes wonderfully there, although I wouldn't spend my time in that forum if I'm going to be treated that way.

Yes of course, I have witnessed a situation where by a moderator have been misusing his power and even the forum owner is not even willing to do anything about it.

I was actually the victim of whatever the moderator was doing as the young man was practically abusing me and every other members on the platform without the owner doing anything about it. I had to leave the forum because of my peace of mind.

I once gave up a paid position on a forum because a moderator was misusing his power and the owner even though knew what was going around did not take an y action against the moderator. I have seen a moderator misusing power on multiple forums and I have been a victim once.

It is strange to see an administrator that agrees with everything a moderator does in a forum. Personally, I feel the administrator should work on finding a balance on how the mod uses his or her powers to avoid a case where they are abusing the power.

I once gave up a paid position on a forum because a moderator was misusing his power and the owner even though knew what was going around did not take an y action against the moderator. I have seen a moderator misusing power on multiple forums and I have been a victim once.

Unfortunately most of the time when a moderator is misusing his powers and is not checked by the community owner, there is nothing any of the members can do about it. When you're fed up, you can leave in peace.

I was an active member on the forum but I had to give the forum. If you want your community to be a friendly place you need to have moderators who are welcoming and friendly to the users. I see a lot of people misusing power, the only difference is someone are little extreme than others.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back