What's new

Luno and It's decision on a peer to peer system (P2P)

this is going to be a good welcoming development has majority of the people no longer use the wallet due to the absence of peer-to-peer feature.

Same thing I did, I sent my funds to roqqu where I can make withdrawals
That is the only option available now and I can just imagine how many customers they have lost due to this. I won't be surprised of they decide to move shop out of Nigeria.

Luno is new user friendly and it is easy to navigate. this one that is the first one I use when I started out with cryptocurrency. I wish they could start a peer-to-peer features faster.

Luno would have their reasons to risk loosing customers instead of adapting p2p, only time will tell if it was the right decision to take.

I had to switch from Luno to Roqqu as from Roqqu to Binance. I was just content with Luno before the ban. Now things have changed and they are not ready to make things better. I'm sure people are still keeping their eyes on them especially Nigerians.
True, eyes are still on them. Luno gave one of the best quality services back then, so it's abit sad it cannot be used during this ban
Post automatically merged:

That is the only option available now and I can just imagine how many customers they have lost due to this. I won't be surprised of they decide to move shop out of Nigeria.
Let's watch and see, anything could happen they know how much they are getting form Nigerians so they would not easily let go of a gold mine

Last edited:
As am sure we all know, luno is one of the well known crypto currency wallets and exchange plathfrom world wild.
In Nigeria, luno claims to be one of the leading crypto companies for over five years nows and still counting. Personally luno was the first exchange plathfrom I used when I first started my crypto journey and the experience has been wonderful in terms of customer care and customer satisfaction.
With the current ban placed on crypto in Nigeria, one would expect that luno by now would have created a P2P system for Nigerians but the opposite is the case, as many funds belonging to Nigerians are still under lock and key. These has made many go for options like binance and even roqqu.
One major reason why luno refused to create a P2P system based on their recent update is mainly because they feel that system is not safe enough and would not want anything to spoil their image as they are trying to create a system that is safe from scammers.
Do you think these cause of action is a wise one from Luno?
And since binance as been using the p2p as it spoiled their image or as it stop them from ranking the top. I believe the p2p is just as an excuse to keep traders fund...

I think that ourse if action a is very dumb from luno. Not a smart response to the difficulty it's users are facing in transacting with their platform. They should be more creative than this dumb answer to the situation

You are very correct on your analysis that luno is a very popular platform. I have an account there but I have abandoned it for some time now and my funds are still there since the ban issue. So I have left them for other platforms like binance, roqqu, and some other ones. Thanks for sharing.

They have a point, i advise that luno sets up an internal wallet like roqqu did where you can send your nairas to and then withdraw to your bank within seconds.

Luno is not so popular as I used to be because it was also one of the cryptocurrency exchanges I know but the ban on cryptocurrency has made them not so popular again.

Well if that's the case the more users they would lose since they are other exchanges out there that are already successful with the P2P option with no troubles so the earlier the better

I had to switch from Luno to Roqqu as from Roqqu to Binance. I was just content with Luno before the ban. Now things have changed and they are not ready to make things better. I'm sure people are still keeping their eyes on them especially Nigerians.
Was there a ban of luno within the Nigerian country? This is the first time that i have heard about this one. In my country luno is actualyl considered to be the most popular although i have not made use of it.

Was there a ban of luno within the Nigerian country? This is the first time that i have heard about this one. In my country luno is actualyl considered to be the most popular although i have not made use of it.
No there wasn't. It was a ban on crypto and it is now impossible to withdraw money into the bank account without the peer to peer method. The was why I switched to Binance

I have not been able to use luno wallet platform do any peer to peer exchange but i am looking forward to it, at least for the sake of their Nigerian customers , they should start a peer to peer platform.
If they can't open their platform or don't want to operate anymore, they should return the funds of their customers. That's totally inhumane to me - they refuse to upgrade their site, they still don't want to release the funds.

No there wasn't. It was a ban on crypto and it is now impossible to withdraw money into the bank account without the peer to peer method. The was why I switched to Binance
Perhaps in the future you would be able to convert your crypto to the digital fiat currency that they are developing, This would be a good idea for them moving forward in my opinion.

One thing I fail to understand about Luno is why the value of one's crypto is always so inflated. Until you send it is out unto other platforms before you'd realize it's only worth about half the amount Luno claims.

I think if the take the same measures like Binance, they won't be much fraud on the system.
P2p has become the fast way to trade crypto in many countries that have refused to adopt it.
And Luno has loss a lot if customers since the ban of crypto related activities with the local bank in Nigeria.
So I would think they take a second review on it and work on operating a p2p

As am sure we all know, luno is one of the well known crypto currency wallets and exchange plathfrom world wild.
In Nigeria, luno claims to be one of the leading crypto companies for over five years nows and still counting. Personally luno was the first exchange plathfrom I used when I first started my crypto journey and the experience has been wonderful in terms of customer care and customer satisfaction.
With the current ban placed on crypto in Nigeria, one would expect that luno by now would have created a P2P system for Nigerians but the opposite is the case, as many funds belonging to Nigerians are still under lock and key. These has made many go for options like binance and even roqqu.
One major reason why luno refused to create a P2P system based on their recent update is mainly because they feel that system is not safe enough and would not want anything to spoil their image as they are trying to create a system that is safe from scammers.
Do you think these cause of action is a wise one from Luno?
Luno is a standard company. And they don't want to go against any law. Because in this world, law suit is one of the thing that brings down fall to some week companies

I call that kind of excuse luno is giving for not having a peer to peer system in place as absolute trash and baseless. It may even be that the government has paid them a lot of money to ensure that does not even happen

I recieved a mail from luno today that deposit and withdrawal in Naira will be possible in coming weeks based on their efforts so far, Nigerlans will be able to use the platform as usual soon.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back