What's new

Luno and It's decision on a peer to peer system (P2P)

eLdavis

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Feb 1, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
As am sure we all know, luno is one of the well known crypto currency wallets and exchange plathfrom world wild.
In Nigeria, luno claims to be one of the leading crypto companies for over five years nows and still counting. Personally luno was the first exchange plathfrom I used when I first started my crypto journey and the experience has been wonderful in terms of customer care and customer satisfaction.
With the current ban placed on crypto in Nigeria, one would expect that luno by now would have created a P2P system for Nigerians but the opposite is the case, as many funds belonging to Nigerians are still under lock and key. These has made many go for options like binance and even roqqu.
One major reason why luno refused to create a P2P system based on their recent update is mainly because they feel that system is not safe enough and would not want anything to spoil their image as they are trying to create a system that is safe from scammers.
Do you think these cause of action is a wise one from Luno?

It is definitely an unwise decision for luno to have taken a back seat when it comes to p2p. The platform either does not care for its huge customer base in Nigeria or just too lazy to formulate workable plans to ensure secured p2p transactions.
I have left only bitcoin earned from some past jobs there and hardly launch the app these days.

It is definitely an unwise decision for luno to have taken a back seat when it comes to p2p. The platform either does not care for its huge customer base in Nigeria or just too lazy to formulate workable plans to ensure secured p2p transactions.
I have left only bitcoin earned from some past jobs there and hardly launch the app these days.
It was really surprising when I found out Luno had made no provisions for withdrawals for Nigerians and so many of our funds are still there. They keep on saying they are talking to the needed parties to see how the matter can be settled And till now there have been no fruitful results

Last edited:
If they can't open their platform or don't want to operate anymore, they should return the funds of their customers. That's totally inhumane to me - they refuse to upgrade their site, they still don't want to release the funds.

If they can't open their platform or don't want to operate anymore, they should return the funds of their customers. That's totally inhumane to me - they refuse to upgrade their site, they still don't want to release the funds.
This is another way to look at it. They keep on assuring their customers that their funds are safe and they are working on a way to create a safe plathfrom for withdrawals.

I hope they will find a way to pay those who have crypto coins with them. I am surprised up till now that they don't know what to do. Probably their last chance is the government.

There was a time luno made its announcement that it may introduce peer to peer platform but I think it may be taking its time because luno doesn't even have much coins to start with.

I hope they will find a way to pay those who have crypto coins with them. I am surprised up till now that they don't know what to do. Probably their last chance is the government.
I guess you are right as they keep on talking about trying to reason with the government on how to settle this ban issue

I think that is definitely a harsh decision on their Nigerian customers. We all know there is scam in peer to peer system and that is what other PLATFORMs are using for countries where crypto currency exchange Business have been banned, the best thing for Luno is to use the system and adopt all necessary measures to avoid scam.

Before the ban I think Luno was one of the most used bitcoin wallet in the whole of Nigeria and if they are going to make a favourable peer-to-peer market I believe that many people return back to them.

It's very unreasonable for Luno not to have integrated peer to peer system into their PLATFORm by now. A lot of people have been denied access to their money and it's really sad that other PLATFORMs are doing this and Luno left their customers behind.

There was a time luno made its announcement that it may introduce peer to peer platform but I think it may be taking its time because luno doesn't even have much coins to start with.
Hmmm I think I also heard about these news but Notting came out of it, I guessed they changed their mind.

Ever since Luno disabled withdrawal to Fiat currency , they have lost many customers due to it and may not get back the customers back again when things settled down

Despite the fact that it is not save to uses i think they would have give it a try and see if it didn't work then they should stop is better than not trying it at all.

Despite the fact that it is not save to uses i think they would have give it a try and see if it didn't work then they should stop is better than not trying it at all.
True, never can tell it could end up working out well. After all there are so many other exchange plathfrom making use of these system.

I have not used Luno, even though I heard about Luno wallet a long time ago. I have started using Binance recently, and one of the reasons why I started using Binance is because of its P2P trading feature.

I have not used Luno, even though I heard about Luno wallet a long time ago. I have started using Binance recently, and one of the reasons why I started using Binance is because of its P2P trading feature.
Binance is really a great plathfrom to make use of and it's P2P system makes it a lot better, though I myself have not made use of the plathfrom before.

Luno is definitely not holding anyone's funds. You can send your coins out of there to other platforms that use p2p and even if you have naira there, use it to buy bch or ripple and send it out.

Luno is definitely not holding anyone's funds. You can send your coins out of there to other platforms that use p2p and even if you have naira there, use it to buy bch or ripple and send it out.
Same thing I did, I sent my funds to roqqu where I can make withdrawals

I had to switch from Luno to Roqqu as from Roqqu to Binance. I was just content with Luno before the ban. Now things have changed and they are not ready to make things better. I'm sure people are still keeping their eyes on them especially Nigerians.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back