What's new

Is traditional tv about to come to an end?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
These days cable tv is a dying thing, more people are moving to streaming and digital services. We have more than enough streaming platforms, many of which you can find for free. I think television as we know it, cable tv specifically, is coming to an end. Charter Spectrum just released a streaming device of their own, similar to a Roku or Google Play device.

But, the thing with all of these free streaming apps, and YouTube, is that we're going back to a day where ads were all over tv. And right now streaming seems to be following that idea. YouTube has usually multiple ads per video now, unless it's demonetized, and even then I feel like YouTube still plays ads on some videos. What I'm trying to say, is that cable tv as it was, is gone, now we're going to see streaming apps and set top boxes. We're going to see more adverting on these streaming platforms, the ads have to go somewhere.

In my country fewer and fewer people use TV, while streaming services and digital platforms such as YouTube monopolize most of the attention, TV seems not to know how to adapt to modern times, and instead of doing things well, what it does is try to attack these platforms, I guess its days are numbered

It seems like traditional TV is shifting gears rather than coming to an end. Streaming services are taking the spotlight, offering on-demand shows and convenience. But, hey, traditional TV has its perks. It's like a communal experience – tuning in for live events or flipping channels for surprise discoveries. There's something about the scheduled programming that gives it a nostalgic charm. Plus, it's often easier on the wallet than a bunch of streaming subscriptions. So, while the landscape is changing, traditional TV still has its unique appeal, blending routine and shared moments that might make it stick around in some way.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back