What's new

Is there anything you can do with old broken down campers?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Tiny homes and living on the road is a growing trend it seems. People like to live with less possessions and material things and live in campers even. So I was thinking, what can you do with broken down campers? I figure a lot of remodeling could bring them back to use. Would you live in a remodeled camper? Even the really tiny ones? I had a compact camper a while back, but sold it. Was going to remodel it into a tiny home I could use on the go. Wanted to start working and traveling all around, but that didn't happen and I moved on from it.

Would you remodel old campers?

In my home country, campers are not very popular. In fact, I have seen just one camper in the country and it is owned by a musician and a youtuber. Since I do not have any experience with living in a camper, I cannot tell what can be done with the old broken camper, maybe you could repair and start using it again.

Smash them with a giant wrecking ball. :p

Okay, jokes aside, my dad has an old camper trailer that keeps breaking - basically a fountain of repairs. Probably the only thing to do with something like that is to salvage it for spare parts, and use those parts to build something better, like a house that isn't on wheels. I'd tell you never to buy a Hi-Lo trailer, but they went out of business - two guesses why, lol.

Though granted, the "spare parts" could be pretty big. I'd pour my slab for my small house and frame it like normal, then bring in the propane stove from the RV if it was still working, and also maybe the toilet and the refrigerator. The metal RV frame could be converted to a cargo hauling trailer to bring in lumber after I strip it for working appliances and clean off the cheap veneer cover.

Your best bet would be to use the parts as part of a bus or van RV conversion, I think, if you want the result to still be mobile. The trailers just don't last as long as one-vehicle solutions and are more difficult to drive around.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back