What's new

Is it true that Bitcoin is a Ponzi Scheme?

I also read some similar comments such as this and I couldn't help but smile at seeing such. There are absolutely no similarities between ponzi and Bitcoin. Also, I am yet to see any Ponzi that lasted as long as bitcoin has.

I don’t think it is a ponzi scheme, if it is a ponzu scheme it would have crashed by now considering the millions of people that have invested that are investing and hoping to invest in it. It is an evolution of money as we know it.

It’s been a rollercoaster couple of years for cryptocurrencies, but 2019 has been a fruitful one for Bitcoin holders. The value of one Bitcoin rose more than 85% since January 1, placing it among the some of the year’s top performing financial assets. In fact, a recent report from Bank of America names Bitcoin the single best investment of the last decade.
But despite its successes, many critics still advise against putting your money into Bitcoin.
“It’s a pyramid scheme,” LendingTree Chief Economist Tendayi Kapfidze tells Yahoo Finance. “You only make money based on people who enter after you.
“It has no real utility in the world. They’ve been trying to create a utility for it for ten years now. It’s a solution in search of a problem and it still hasn’t found a problem to solve.”

Bitcoin is based on blockchain technology. Blockchain is a real technology that is being used in various sectors. Therefore, Bitcoin is not scam or ponzi scheme. Bitcoin is digital asset.

Bitcoins have no dividend or expected future profit, along these dislike a stock. More like a collectible or product." Promising abnormally high or reliable speculation returns is a typical warning for being a Ponzi plot, and with Satoshi's unique Bitcoin, there was none of that.

it's true there are numerous Ponzi scheme out now, Bitcoin isn't in that category at all, Bitcoin is a currency just like the normal fiat(dollars, naira,euro,pounds etc.), The only difference is that Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I think bitcoin is actually not a ponzi scheme because if its actually a ponzi , it would have collapse a long ago and on ponzi scheme you cant really make loss since you are not trading but you only make profit i think , while on bitcoin you could either make profit or loss and this actually makes it different from other coins i think

Bitcoin is far from becoming a Ponzi scheme in Ponzi scheme it is widely fraudulent activity. Ponzi scheme doesn't last because you get paid from the money that new members contribute that means when there is no more contribution the system will shut down.

Many critics, detractors and anti-Bitcoin out there think that Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme for no apparent reason / argument. Ponzi schemes are a fraudulent mode that relies on money from new members to pay off previous members. We know Bitcoin has its advantages and disadvantages, but I personally don't agree if Bitcoin is said to be a ponzi scheme because no one can cheat Bitcoin transactions, even though Bitcoin holders or investors will be able to gain or lose, What do you think, do you agree if Bitcoin said to be a ponzi scheme, and what is your reason ?.
Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme and it can't be. I'm a follower of Bitcoin since year 2014, I can't trace any fraudulent act the the blockchain. Even when bitcoin was newly introduced, it has been a legit cryptocurrency and never scam anyone. So I am very sure it's not a ponzi scheme.

How can?? Bitcoin is very legal and generally accepted. For no reason should it be associated with ponzi. It’s not a scheme like the network system of ponzis. Cryptocurrency is legit and not misleading like ponzis. It’s market is clean and objective.

I almost joined people saying that last 3 years, but I later realized they don't have proff and they don't know what they are saying.

After my personal investigation, I later realized most people saying it are other financial institutions who are against the blockchain.

Concerning If the cryptocurrency coin called bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. Well, I believe that to be a capital NO. People that are investing into bitcoin will never have invested into it if they knew it to be a ponzi scheme, it market price is volatile and it depends on how you know how to trade or invest in it that guarantees your level of profit

Wow saying bitcoin is a ponzi scheme is really absurd, bitcoin doesn't promise to give you any percentage after buying it so it's either you trade with your bitcoin or store it to make profits when the value rises so it doesn't have a ponzi structure.

Those that says that may not know how ponzi works. Ponzi collects money from people and promise them huge returns. Bitcoin is a coin that you can use for an investment. It does not promise you return. You either win or lose.

Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme, it is a mode of alternative payment. Bitcoin has been around for almost 12 years, surely no Ponzi scheme can survive that time range. Ponzi scheme is a pyramid way of making new members pay existing ones, and they eventually crash when no one register. Bitcoin is far from that.

Bitcoin may not become a globally adopted currency for everyday transactions. ... The “true” value of Bitcoin depends on its future use case. If users would, en masse, lose interest, then it could end at zero.

Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme? In my opinion, I wouldn't say Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme because it's operation structure does not in any way go with that of a Ponzi scheme, Ponzi scheme is totally different.

Bitcoin may not become a globally adopted currency for everyday transactions.

The “true” value of Bitcoin depends on its future use case. If users would, en masse, lose interest, then it could end at zero. On the other hand, in the unlikely scenario that Bitcoin takes over all worldwide payments, its value could rise beyond $1mln.

I totally disagree that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme why because the mode of operating this bitcoin is different from how ponzi scheme is done. Ponzi schemes end up structurally looking like pyramids, with the early investors at the top and the newer investors at the bottom. The model of giving newer profits to older investors eventually breaks down when the pyramid gets too large.

Bitcoin is a payment processor and not a Ponzi. Its a payment module just like normal currencies but it is digitally generated. A Ponzi is a scam arrangement aimed at defrauding whoever partakes in it. Bitcoin has been in existence for over a decade and is globally embraced for payment.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back