What's new

Is it illegal not to have some maternity leave?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Is it illegal for a business not to offer maternity leave for a female employee who just gave birth? Or even a father who's wife just gave birth? I think every business should offer maternity leave. We're humans after all and we have kids. When we do, we should be able to take time to recover from it all. Should all businesses offer some form of maternity leave?

I believe that it's illegal for a business especially a registered company to deny such privilege to their workers. Once it's a registered company, they will always make that provision for their staffs otherwise they will get into a serious legal battle they will lose and pay a lot of money.

In my home country, you get 30 days of maternity leave, which can be extended to 90 days of unpaid leave. This rule applies to private as well as government agencies. Irrespective of the size, the company has to give maternity leave. Even a man will get 11 days of maternity leave if his wife is delivering the baby. Any company that refuses to give maternity leave will be penalized by the law.

Personally, I wouldn't force myself to work for a company that doesn't have any regard for human health. How can someone give birth and the company's management will not consider giving them leave. It's total madness and as far as I'm concerned, that company deserve to be closed down.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back