What's new

Is deferring a state pension a good idea?

Deffering like how? I don't understand what you mean by deffering, there is what our people do over here I call it wickedness, the state government will map out the pension money to be given or paid to pensioners, the person in charge will just put the money in his fixed deposit account and be waiting for the interest.

I see deferring a state pension as a very good idea for any pension I have to take, but at the same time it was depends on the choice of the pension here if he chooses to, or not to

From your reviews and other people reviews,deferring a state pension seems profitable but in my country you need to apply quick and finish your process to enable you get your pension, if you opt in for deferring, it might be difficult to access it later in future.

It's never a good option,to what end,it's like stopping inflow of money just because you are comfortable at some point, every opportunity you have to earn from the government,earn it.

Deferring a state pension is a default option, if you don't claim your state pension, it won't get paid to you. So claiming it is something about which you need to make an active decision. But for a lot of people, deferring will be a good a good choice. if you defer, your pension will increase by about 5.8% per year for each year of deferral.
Never you defer your pension by any means. It is not as good idea. You might not even get it back. so there is reason you should defer to another time. I doubt this rule of increments is application in my country.

You can defer your pension if you want to. It is your right after all. But definitely only people with other sources of income can defer. The benefits of deferring pension is different for each person because not everybody receives the same amount of pension. Pension laws also differ in other countries.
That is true it you're right and also your choice you can defer your pension if you want.but you must be careful so that it will not cause complications is to you because sometimes most people you have complications.

You can only deferral your state pension when you want to invest the money in a specific business, but if you don't want to do such I see no reason why you should deferral your state pension. You pension must be paid to you every month

You can only deferral your state pension when you want to invest the money in a specific business, but if you don't want to do such I see no reason why you should deferral your state pension. You pension must be paid to you every month
Most times it is a good idea for retiree they see these as a way of making money and an investment to them however it all depends on the individual.

I think it would be best to defer as much as you can if you are financially okay as well. So for me, the best option would be to defer it.

In my country, you hold on to what you have or you might loose it, infact a good citizen would know to leap at pension because deferring might lead to permanent loss.

Your state pension will increase every week you defer, as long as you defer for at least five weeks. It also increases by the equivalent of one per cent for every five weeks you defer. This works out as 10.4 per cent for every 52 weeks. The extra amount is paid with your regular state pension payment.
most people do that for different reasons they see it as a way of increasing their pension payment every week, if it's of a greater advantage to the pensioner I think it is a good idea.

It may sound smart to those who are in position a d control of resources. they can defer their pension and have their available resources to sustain them. but to those who are not in control or in possession of resources to sustain them the best option is to pursued your benefit at the right time.

It may sound smart to those who are in position a d control of resources. they can defer their pension and have their available resources to sustain them. but to those who are not in control or in possession of resources to sustain them the best option is to pursued your benefit at the right time.
yes most times it's a good idea because it helps you to be able to control your resources according to what you said in your statement deferring your pension helps you to sustain them.

Deferring a state pension is a default option, if you don't claim your state pension, it won't get paid to you. So claiming it is something about which you need to make an active decision. But for a lot of people, deferring will be a good a good choice. if you defer, your pension will increase by about 5.8% per year for each year of deferral.
Well i don't see any reason for a pensioner keeping his pension that would not be able to take care of some of his basic needs to start saving it for accruied interest.The pension is just too small to start such savings.

Well, I believe that it's something that is very interesting to get the pension delayed in order to get a little more money added to it in the end as long it gets paid.

Your state pension will increase every week you defer, as long as you defer for at least five weeks. It also increases by the equivalent of one per cent for every five weeks you defer. This works out as 10.4 per cent for every 52 weeks. The extra amount is paid with your regular state pension payment.
Preparing a state pension is a good idea because it helps you as a retiree to make more money out of pension you haven't both state pension and federal pension payments.

I don't think it's really a good idea to defer a pension scheme. If you really know what you are doing you will know that this pension will be necessary and needed at the end of the day after your retirement

In my home country, you receive your pension quarterly in your bank account and you have to renew your pension scheme every year to make sure you re alive.

Thats a good way to make money but not in Nigeria, pensioners are suffering and to defer a pension means the person is dead , to even get the pension you have to go through hell to get your entiltement.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back