Is .com still the ideal standard?

WebKitty

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Jan 8, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have a few .com sites and a few .net ones. Both have done decently all things considered but I feel like both can do better.

Do you think .com is still the standard? Should I try swapping my .net sites for .com if avalble?

The .com is easier to remember for U.S. customers and maybe others. For instance, if you have Joe's Tuba Lessons, then JoesTubaLessons.com isn't confusing like Joe's Tuba Lessons that has a JoesTubaLessons.net address. In the 2nd case, you'd have to advertise the .net along with the first part. Well, that might not be a big deal, but a lot of people just want to emphasize the business, not the extension also.

The .com has the top value in regard to selling a domain. However, that's not saying even .xyz or .club domains haven't sold for big bucks. It's just that those situations are way less likely.

The .com is easier to remember for U.S. customers and maybe others. For instance, if you have Joe's Tuba Lessons, then JoesTubaLessons.com isn't confusing like Joe's Tuba Lessons that has a JoesTubaLessons.net address. In the 2nd case, you'd have to advertise the .net along with the first part. Well, that might not be a big deal, but a lot of people just want to emphasize the business, not the extension also.
There is an intention of some people instead of .com domain that is meaning international they are switching off to .us domain as their targeting is US residents and not UK residents for more precision.

.com domain names are still the most common extension! They are the most trusted TLD and generally carry more significant value for companies.

I've probably said this stuff before. Well, the .com makes for advertising where you don't have to mention the extension in the US. For instance, Bob's Airplane Shop, a maybe fictional example, will be assumed to have a site called BobsAirplaneShop.com. However, if the extension is .biz, then BobsAirplaneShop.biz would need to be emphasized in ads. This idea would apply to any non-.com.

Another thing, when someone, unaware of things, thinks of typing in a non.com site, they will assume it's a .com and get confused and lost.

I have a few .com sites and a few .net ones. Both have done decently all things considered but I feel like both can do better.

Do you think .com is still the standard? Should I try swapping my .net sites for .com if avalble?
I would say the biggest domain names for the United States are .com , .net, and .org. I have noticed in previous experiences that if you use anything other than .com most people will attempt to search your website using .com so that may be a game changer for regular people that have a hard time remember that the domain is not .com. I would recommend staying with.com, however, if the domain you want is available in .net, you can always purchase the .net then get the .com domain as well, redirect the .com domain to the .net.

There is no difference between dot com and dot net, and I believe there is no need to switch to dot come if you have a site with dot net which is doing well. These domains are some of the first domains launched. by Internet Authority. Interestingly, a lot of people think dot com is the standard and thus they trust sites using dot com more than other domain extensions.

Some people say it doesn't matter, others say it is important. I really don't know. I will always go for it when given the option though because it is still considered to have higher value.

Dot com domains can be easier for branding because most people are familiar with the domain as this is being used by popular sites. However, a lot of newer domains are also getting popular these days, for instance, dot io is very popular with tech companies. Niche domains are also getting popular, for instance these days it is common to see dot ai for ai-tools instead of very generic dot com.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back