What's new

Is age important where you come from?

Yes in the place I come from age is a very good factor,and young ones are to obey,respect older ones,also seniors ones are the ones who control the activities of the family if the head of the family is not around.

It is only important when you apply for a job, they will state in the advert that from this age to this, otherwise age is not an issue.

People place too much emphasis on age over here. they expect you to achieve certain things at a particular age over here without looking at other factors. This is the reason why most female are being pressurized to get married when they reach age 26 and above without considering their careers.

Age is very important in my culture. It is believed that once a person is older, they are wiser and should be accorded with respect. Sometimes it is overrated, to be honest but that's the culture.

People place an emphasis on age over a year. We expect you to achieve certain things at a particular age even if you are not capable of doing this. this is the reason why some people are engaging in dubious means to achieve some level of success and people don't care about that.

Age is important where I come from. The people of young age are employed because of their experience. They can think very fast and grap things very well. The more you age is young,the more you get employment and good salary.

Africa has one of the best culture in the world. Respect is reciprocal,it is normal that it's the duty of the younger ones to respect their elder ones. If age is not essential here in our mother land no one will be in the fore front. Age has alot to do in the family, social life, associations, positions,post, religion sect and political reasons for example you have to get to a stage before getting married.

People have a great regard for age when it comes to achievement. But people don't usually have regard for age when it comes to respect. Some young persons usually find a way to insult adults especially when they are richer.

Where I come from, age is important in varying ways. When you're young and planning to start a family, you can't get married until you reach the age of 18, and you also need parental advice if you marry below 25. If you are employed in the private sector, your career ends when you reach the age of 60. You'll enjoy certain benefits such as senior citizens discounts when you reach 60. When you're older, or shall I say when you look older, most people will look at you with respect and become more helpful like they think you're frail or needs some assistance even though you actually think you can still give mean Taekwondo kicks. When you're young, some older people think you feel entitled and have misplaced confidence. Sometimes, age brackets can be the basis for grouping people in some organizations, the idea being people in the same age bracket have more things in common.

Age has a long way to go and a lot to say about you and what you do in my environment. In fact, some people will look down on you just because you are young and consider you an inexperienced individual. There are so many people here that won't even introduce stuffs to you because they believe you are too young.
That has been the issue with those i termed as traditionalist,who would not like to shift ground based on the fact that one is younger,not knowing that times have changed and knowledge and capacity does not only reside with the old anymore.
Age has a long way to go and a lot to say about you and what you do in my environment. In fact, some people will look down on you just because you are young and consider you an inexperienced individual. There are so many people here that won't even introduce stuffs to you because they believe you are too young.
That has been the issue with those i termed as traditionalist,who would not like to shift ground based on the fact that one is younger,not knowing that times have changed and knowledge and capacity does not only reside with the old anymore.

Last edited:
Yes age is very Important because it differentiate you from the elders and young once, infact in community we group it inform of age grade were to burn at a particular period come together to identify themselves.

Age is very important in my environment, age is like a norm in my society. You been acknowledged sometimes by how old you are irrespective of what you do. Age determines maturity in society today
Where i come from age is taken very seriouslly because they factor it to be a mark of maturity and it is a determining factor to how you would be accpted into the fold of most gathering in the community.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Here are some video (guidelines) on how to make money online without investing a dime
Back