What's new

How lucrative is architectural business?

ahmedo24

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 9, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
There are lots of builders available now that learnt the normal bricklaying but because of their experience in the job they convince their clients of given them design with specifications especially in rural areas. The professional in this field of sketching house plans are the architectures but to me it seem their proffesion is not longer lucrative. Do you agree with me?

Being a professional architect is a very rewarding occupation. A lot of architects are doing very well. The advantage of architecture is that you can easily become self employed and start rendering your services to construction companies and individuals. It is a business that is always relevant.

On the average, an architect can earn up to #500,000 per service. And the employment rate is as high as 73% in Nigeria. Architect are also paid work benefit, bonus,profit sharing and compensation. The advantage of architecture is that you can easily become self employed and start rendering service to companies and individuals

There are lots of builders available now that learnt the normal bricklaying but because of their experience in the job they convince their clients of given them design with specifications especially in rural areas. The professional in this field of sketching house plans are the architectures but to me it seem their proffesion is not longer lucrative. Do you agree with me?
I don't think you can call architectural design lucrative because its doesn't really bring a consistent income. You can use It as side hustle. And all the lands are filled with houses already, although I will still buy/build my own😄. But I don't see architectural design as a lucrative business.

I don't think you can call architectural design lucrative because its doesn't really bring a consistent income. You can use It as side hustle. And all the lands are filled with houses already, although I will still buy/build my own😄. But I don't see architectural design as a lucrative business.
Despite lots of lands being filled with houses more houses are being built on daily basis, to some architectural work might be side hustle due to their location but in Urban areas it is a major occupation.

Architecture is by and large not enormously profitable, in view of the idea of the business - what you're selling is the time the modelers and architects put into the work, and to do that, you need to pay them. You can develop your firm, however the economies of scale aren't close to as great as in assembling, and you don't find the opportunity to turn some area of the economy topsy turvy and rake in huge profits that way like the product or clinical enterprises do.

Architectural business is not just your any kind of business but a professional business being that it is being learnt in the higher institutions like a normal professional job that it is. Architectural designs and drawings are complex jobs for the educated and not for artisans and bricklayers. The architectural profession is a very lucrative business as these architectural professionals always get architectural design jobs that pays well.

But I believe as a rule of thumb, building construction related jobs-such as an architectural consultant firm-are more required in developing countries. Mostly because of the huge demand in building sector deriven out of lack of adequate engineer-designed buildings.

Architectural business is not just your any kind of business but a professional business being that it is being learnt in the higher institutions like a normal professional job that it is. Architectural designs and drawings are complex jobs for the educated and not for artisans and bricklayers. The architectural profession is a very lucrative business as these architectural professionals always get architectural design jobs that pays well.
I concur with @Ralphjoe. Architectural business is a professional one that require training and certification from an approved institution before getting license to practice. Without adequate knowledge and requirement by the body regulating the architectural related businesses. No doubt it's highly rewarding.

Architecture isn’t a business instead it’s a profession. However, there’re levels and stages in a building construction and architecture tops the list. A layman or bricklayer can never serve as an alternative to an architects. There is hierarchy to be followed and every stage encompasses of different profession. The contractor hires an architect to create a good plan for the proposed project. The architect hires a structural engineer or civil engineer to help evaluate and make specification about the structural elements. The civil engineer then hire the services of a builder who hires the bricklayer and others. Building construction encompasses of a long chain of different professions and architect are always in demand

I disagree with you, architecture is a highly lucrative career, certainly not everyone hires architects to design their properties, but those who have the capital to invest in a property can be sure that the price will increase considerably. There are wealthy people who like excellence and pay any amount of money for it.

hare your knowledge by giving valuable tips and advice. Explain to them how you would approach the project, explain how you have done similar projects for similar people, explain to them what are important risk factors.That’s what people want to hear, that’s the kind of info that will make them trust you, and that will make them want to work with you … even if you charge more than your competitors!

https://www.quora.com/following
https://www.quora.com/answer
https://www.quora.com/spaces

main-thumb-1418975862-200-bzfboyzozfmbnqmrrqwyysexntmqvgwy.jpeg

Is an architectural firm profitable?

Answer
Follow

Request

More
Ad by Fit Small Business

What CRM is best for your business in 2020?
Take our 4 question quiz and see which CRM best fits your needs and budget.
Read More

5 Answers

Negar
, Have been focused on city and building energy-saving
Answered April 19, 2017

It totally depends on the country you work in.
But I believe as a rule of thumb, building construction related jobs-such as an architectural consultant firm-are more required in developing countries. Mostly because of the huge demand in building sector deriven out of lack of adequate engineer-designed buildings. For example in my country (Iran), there is an acceptably good demand for architectural firms and that makes it profitable. However, in more developed countries, high-tech jobs like computer engineering and IT are more profitable than construction jobs, mostly because they have had built a good portion of what was needed during 60s to 2000. They mostly need special buildings that requires starchitects, not a simple architectural consultant firm and that would make the architects' wag
Continue Reading

Add a comment...
Sponsored by Matmatch

Where can you find data about materials online?
With Matmatch you can explore a database of thousands of metals, polymers, ceramics and more - for free.
Learn More

Patrick Reading
, Registered Architect
Answered April 20, 2017 · Upvoted by Rick Ferrara, Commercial Architect for 30+ years

It depends on what you mean “profitable"
If you mean, does the firm earn more than it takes to run the business and pay it's employees, then, yes, architecture can be profitable. Like any business, profit is what keeps it running. Without profit, the business fails and closes.
If you mean, will you get rich owning your own firm, then, like any other business, that depends on your management and marketing skills, far more than your skill as an architect. Your ability to manage the business, market to your strengths, and bring in clientele willing to pay a premium is entirely up to you. That aspect of business is universal, not just applicable to architecture.

Marketing is one of the most important components to any business. What makes marketing online more attractive than offline marketing is that tracking and measuring your return on investment is much easier. By taking advantage of the abundance of tools and data available, you can adapt fast and change your approach and strategies as needed.

Architecture is more of a profession than a business. Most achitecture practitioners are real estate agent. To qualify them as being lucrative depends mostly on location. Architecture business sells more in developing areas therefore it is location dependent.

With an offline business, you are often tied to a physical location. At times, there are advantages to being positioned in a specific part of the world, but the added flexibility of an online business is attractive to many entrepreneurs and investors.With an online business, if you need to work from home, you can. You can also do your work from just about anywhere in the world, as long as you have a reliable Internet connection. Passive income is a draw for many, and for some, a reality.

Architecture is one of the best and most progressive fiel in the engineering department because they deal with designing , building and locating of building and how building should be arranged to withstand a lot of difficulties and challenges in the future, it is lucrative in certain location.
Post automatically merged:

Architecture is one of the best and most progressive fiel in the engineering department because they deal with designing , building and locating of building and how building should be arranged to withstand a lot of difficulties and challenges in the future, it is lucrative in certain location.

The construction business is booming in our country despite the pandemic era. Although the construction industry was on a halt during the lockdown of 2 months in March 2020, it was able to rebound quick that construction of buildings and houses can be seen almost everywhere. In our village alone there are 5 houses being built and in the city there are many buildings under construction. For each one of them is needed an architectural design. That's big business here.

Architectural Business is very profitable most especially if you have links with the real estate sector. Here the real estate companies can hire you to help them build different designs of mansion and if you are good at what you do definitely you will make good amount of money from the Business

You seem to be very wrong. Architectural design is a highly lucrative and professional career. Architects are diffenrt from builders (brick layers) and that's what you are mixing up. There are no many skillful architects out there and the little that are available are making big money from it. My neighbor is an architect and he can combine three to four jobs at the same time while making money from them all. Builders are the ones that are not earning as much as you described.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back