What's new

How is college in your country?

What are colleges like in your country? For me in the US, it's very costly to go to college, but in other countries I imagine it's easier and maybe even cheaper to get into those colleges. Is there any truth to that?
In the Philippines it depends. It helps if an incoming student passes college admission tests from State Universities where it is significantly has lower tuition and miscellaneous fees. Could enter vocational courses (2 year strands). But generally, college education is only for people who has money to support it, or for families who can find assistance to get through the 4 year expenses.

We have different kinds of colleges that cater to the educational needs of all kinds of students. The fee structure is colleges offering professional courses are definitely on the higher side. Arts and science colleges have affordable fee structure and students from economically weaker sections can also study there.

In the Philippines it depends. It helps if an incoming student passes college admission tests from State Universities where it is significantly has lower tuition and miscellaneous fees. Could enter vocational courses (2 year strands). But generally, college education is only for people who has money to support it, or for families who can find assistance to get through the 4 year expenses.
Do you guys have financial aide that can help you get into college easier? I had to take financial aide when I went in, but that's part of the problem as I had to take out loans. Some of which I haven't paid back in full yet, so it's been a trying time.

Education loans are quite prevalent here and the students are also given a moratorium period after which they can start repaying it when they are gainfully employed.

It is quite expensive for most forms here, but I've heard they are trying to make college cheaper, but I doubt that will really work out. Most people from my generation have thousands in college loans still. I have about 16,000 left on my college loans but haven't been putting much towards since 2020. When COVID hit we haven't been having to pay back the loans. I also am at the point where I might get loan forgiveness because of how long I've had these loans.

Most colleges require a pulse and an interest in attending, but there are of course the colleges that require a high GPA or good scores on assessments such as the ACT or SATs. I attended community college and I had to take a few precursor courses, but that was fine. Then my college accepted me, but I've heard they accept most people. I was fine with that though.

I have never seen any college or university in my country that is cheap. This is something that makes it very difficult for most people who can't be able to afford to pay for those high cost of going to college to be discouraged. They either go into business or learn hand work. This is so that they will use it to work and make money to sustain themselves.

What are colleges like in your country? For me in the US, it's very costly to go to college, but in other countries I imagine it's easier and maybe even cheaper to get into those colleges. Is there any truth to that?
Every parent in my country want their kids to attend college and it's because if your kids don't go to college in my state, they are seen as half illiterates. It becomes an embarrassment whenever you're being made the topic of a gossip. College is expensive but I went to one.

It depends on the course you want to do. In India, the more expensive college you choose, the better will the quality of education. Same with medical facilities here. More money you can spend, better the service will be. During my engineering, I was charged about $18000 for the 4 year B.Tech course. I'm not sure whether it is considered expensive outside India or not. But in India it's like a lot of money.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back