What's new

How fast should you respond to people on social media?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you run a business, are an influencer or have a popular social profile with a large following, how fast should you respond to people on said platforms? I don't really respond to many on social media myself. I know some businesses respond to users and some influencers do too. But how often should you respond and how fast should you respond?

If it's possible to respond immediately when why you're contacted on your business social media accounts, it's going to be good for your business. If it's only your fans talking on so many things about you, I don't encourage responding in any way because they can use whatever you said in another context. Only make posts when you want to and don't engage when it's not about business.

I'm not a social media influencer yet but I try as much as possible to engage those who make posts or comment on my wall. It's one of the easiest way to built your own online popularity and even become an influencer.

If I end up becoming a social media influencer tomorrow, I will still make out time to respond to all the reasonable comments on my post.

Some of these so called social media influencers don't manage their own social media accounts by themselves. It's either manage by their personal assistants or a hire social media manager but they will be overseeing whatever they do. If there's one they need to respond to by themselves, they will do so.

If the message is all about business it is good to respond as soon as possible because all customers like to be treated with prompt attention and quick details. So it is better to respond to a business message as fast as possible

If the message is all about business it is good to respond as soon as possible because all customers like to be treated with prompt attention and quick details. So it is better to respond to a business message as fast as possible

It's a very big business mistake not to respond to your prospective customers as quickly as possible. Remember, there are so many competitions in the market. The more you delay responding to them, the more they are likely to chat up your competitors. It's the fastest way to lose your customers.

I usually respond to people as soon as I can. I use social media on my phone and I am always online, therefore, when ever I receive a notification I will try to respond quickly. I use social media for work, therefore, I try to appear pro by answering quickly.

It all depends on my schedule and time available. When I go through my page, I think I respond to the important messages. It could be business or just family members and friends trying to find out some things from me..

It's always good to respond ASAP.
True, this is a very good way to show your customers they are respected and valued. Keeping your customers waiting for too long isn't leaving a good reputation for your business. Your customers will see it like your business isn't serious.

True, this is a very good way to show your customers they are respected and valued. Keeping your customers waiting for too long isn't leaving a good reputation for your business. Your customers will see it like your business isn't serious.
Exactly. If you're busy and don't get time to respond, then you should hire people who will do it for you.

Exactly. If you're busy and don't get time to respond, then you should hire people who will do it for you.
Freelancers learn the skill of being a social media manager. They can be hired to fill in that role in any business. If your business is online, you must have a steady presence to keep your customers chatting your business engaged if they reach out.

Freelancers learn the skill of being a social media manager. They can be hired to fill in that role in any business. If your business is online, you must have a steady presence to keep your customers chatting your business engaged if they reach out.
Yeah. And if they fail to do so, there is an extremely high chance of losing some potential customers or clients.

I think if you have a business profile, responding as soon as possible to queries would be best for your business and give a good impression, if you are an influencer you probably have a person who manages your social media account so maybe you do not have to worry about this, If your account is personal, I guess this depends on the person who is contacting you, maybe you can respond immediately or when you have time to do so.

Yeah. And if they fail to do so, there is an extremely high chance of losing some potential customers or clients.
A lot of customers are not very patient when they are making inquiries from any business about their products. They have like 2 or 3 businesses contacted at once to compare what they are selling. If your business doesn't respond fast, they will eliminate your business as an option.

I usually respond to people as soon as I can. I use social media on my phone and I am always online, therefore, when ever I receive a notification I will try to respond quickly. I use social media for work, therefore, I try to appear pro by answering quickly.

This is exactly the same thing with me as well. Once the PM or comment on my social media accounts is about business in any way, I will pause everything else that I'm doing to give a response. I usually convert sales quickly those such inquiries.

A lot of customers are not very patient when they are making inquiries from any business about their products. They have like 2 or 3 businesses contacted at once to compare what they are selling. If your business doesn't respond fast, they will eliminate your business as an option.
True. Which is why customers should never be taken for granted. Even if only few are approaching you, you should try to make their experience the best. They must feel important. If we don't reply on time, they would think that we don't really care.

In most cases, I'm the same way when it comes to how I behave with being kept waiting for too long. This is one of the reason why I don't like calling customers service representative because they are always of the habit of putting people on hold. It's something that boils my blood so hot. I can't stand it for any reason whatsoever.

True. Which is why customers should never be taken for granted. Even if only few are approaching you, you should try to make their experience the best. They must feel important. If we don't reply on time, they would think that we don't really care.
If your customers are not buying from your business again, the end of your business isn't far away. Your customers are your business. They need to be careful related with with any way your business is done. Never let your customers lose interest in your business out of negligence.

If your customers are not buying from your business again, the end of your business isn't far away. Your customers are your business. They need to be careful related with with any way your business is done. Never let your customers lose interest in your business out of negligence.

Any business owner who is very serious about the running and management of his business will always take his customers very seriously. This is because every aspect of the business is dependent on the customer's patronizing of the business product and services. Whenever that stops happening, the business will no longer have any relevance in the community.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back