What's new

How Can A Newbie Find Transcription Jobs?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
Finding jobs online is a pretty hard thing, especially freelancing jobs. This is because an employer may always consider experienced people for the job. There are many good reasons why they choose experienced people. nevertheless, this does not necessarily mean that newbies cannot get a job. So, how to find transcription jobs if you are a newbie?

Rev is probably the most well known transcription site. Some others I'd mention are; Scribe, TranscribeMe, Transcription Panda and I'm sure there are a few other good ones.

One thing though, I wouldn't expect to make much money from transcription jobs. It may seem like easy money to some, but the content you have to transcribe at times can take hours just due to how hard to figure out all the words and figure out who is talking. It can be tedious.

For example. I tried out Rev, and I remember my initial job was like a few 4 min videos, each one took me about 20-30 min each. And each one maybe paid around $1 or $2. Which is next to nothing for the time I put in. So I quit Rev and haven't tried transcription sites since. I don't feel it's worth my time. And now with AI making an appearance in transcribing, we're going to see AI used more, in turn taking transcribe jobs away from us.

What I suggested doing though in the past, was to utilize AI for the initial run-through of content (video, audio clip). So you'd run that content through an AI transcription tool, which will do most of the work for you. You just need to make sure the words are correct and add any other filler content required by the site, like mention of pauses, illegible words, etc. Rev had rules on how they wanted the transcription to be, so don't just rely on the AI to do it all.

A simple google search will give you a list of sites where you can apply as a transcriptionist. Once you have the list of the sites, do some research and see if they are legit, what requirements they seek, etc. You can then start joining these sites and work on the available jobs.

Newbies find it difficult to get jobs on freelancing websites because clients like to order from old sellers with better reputation. A freelancer can use Scribe, TranscribeMe, and Transcription Panda to get Transcription jobs.

Yes, it's true that employers often prefer experienced transcriptionists, but it's not impossible for newbies to find work. One way to increase your chances of finding a transcription job as a newbie is to focus on your unique selling points. For example, you could highlight your strong typing skills or your knowledge of a particular industry. You can also look for transcription jobs on sites like FlexJobs, which specifically cater to new freelancers. And finally, don't be afraid to apply for jobs that are slightly above your skill level, as you may be pleasantly surprised.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back