What's new

How are mobile apps made to run on different OS?

The mobile app is designed to operate on various operating systems because of the fact that they use different programming languages and convert them to different operating systems. You can easily understand this concept if you know more about coding or programming.

I never really knew it demands different programming for app to run on ios. I used to think the its the same requirements for all of them. But with this article i have gotten a little knowledge about them

Such development can be carried out through coding. One need to be a programmer, choose a specific programming language to specialize on, in order to create either android, IOS, desktop etc, apps.

You need programming skills to create mobile apps, you need different programing language to create different mobile apps for different platforms. Sadly, I don't know anything about programing.

Last edited:
I don't think a mobile app can be made to run on a different os. You can just use frameworks like flutter and react native to build cross platform apps that can be used to create both.

Most application I know of don't run on all types of operating system. They are strictly coded to run separately on different types of OS based on their programing languages

I have a question to ask, how are mobile apps made to run on different os?
Take for example, I know android apps are built with java and apple objective C. Does it mean that xender app have to be "rebuilt" with objective C to run on android. Pls forgive my ignorance, I am still coming up
I think this thread is for the application developer in this forum,we as a novice we came in to learn more from the thread by what the developer in this forum would comment down tho.

Mobile applications and made to run on different phone operating system by making different applications for the different operating system for instance Android operating system has their own different applications that work on them and also the iOS also has their own different applications that works on them.

I have a question to ask, how are mobile apps made to run on different os?
Take for example, I know android apps are built with java and apple objective C. Does it mean that xender app have to be "rebuilt" with objective C to run on android. Pls forgive my ignorance, I am still coming up
It is by using a universal programming language that allows for interoperability. Languages like Java uses classes that work on very well in all platforms without the need of many modifies. This makes it easy for different developers to customize for any running environment.

This is not my field so I personally do not really know how it works but If I should make a wild guess, I would say it is usually based on programming, the app has been coded and programed with the language that system understands.

That's question for it's developers. Every app run on a particular operating system, they are built to be compatible to a specific device either OS or Android.

Mobile device manufacturers bring devices based on a variety of platforms and OS’s to cater to various user segments giving rise to a number of Mobile OS and Application platforms. A Mobile OS manages the hardware and software resources of a mobile device similar to a computer OS. Some OS platforms cover the entire range of the software stack while others may only include the lower levels.

Even though there are different mobile manufacturers, the most commonly used mobile os is Android, Mac & Windows Os. So the mobile manufacturers use any of this language as their base. So it's easier for the developers to develop apps using various tools for the particular os. For example, Xamarin is a cross-platform technology that makes it possible to build native applications for Android and iOS using a single, shared codebase. Like other technologies such as React Native and NativeScript, it allows development teams to spend less time writing code for both platforms.

I think that it all depends on the way that the application is extracted. If you look at a mobile application then you will see that there is a lot of packaged into it and therefore perhaps it has to do with teh extraction method.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back