What's new

Have you or anyone you know ever been cancelled?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Cancelling people is a big thing these days. If you said one bad thing in the past, you could potentially be cancelled for ever. Have you ever been "cancelled" for something you said in the past? Do you know anyone who has? Did you or they overcome it? Or did it tarnish your or their careers?

I think cancelling certain people makes sense, those who break the law, are offensive or do bad things deserve to not be on any platforms. But are there people you feel were unfairly cancelled?

In my opinion cancelling culture is a means of addressing power imbalances and promoting social justice. By holding individuals accountable for their actions, particularly those in positions of privilege or influence, is really necessary to challenge harmful behavior and promote a more inclusive society.

I have seen a lot of thing called cancelling done online a lot. It's very nasty on social media platforms. I do agree that it's good to hold people accountable for what they did especially when it's a position entrusted to them to take care of.

But when it comes to people's personal life, they can choose what they want to do with it and they shouldn't be kicked and cancelled for it in my opinion.

Wait when you say cancel what do you mean, because the cancelling common to my mind is death and I am not sure if that's what you mean because I have being extremely close to such before infact I was extremely lucky or should I say grace covered

Wait when you say cancel what do you mean, because the cancelling common to my mind is death and I am not sure if that's what you mean because I have being extremely close to such before infact I was extremely lucky or should I say grace covered

If you read what the OP posted well, I'm very sure that you're going to understand what he was talking about. In the whole content, there's nothing like death in it. So, pause and read it slowly to grasp what he was discussing in order to give a more valid response. I would have deleted this post but decided to chip in this for you in order to prevent it happening again and mods will end up deleting posts.

I know Kanye West have been cancelled so many times about so many things like his lifestyle and marriage but it doesn't seem like he cares about anything anyone have to say about him. He's among the top controversial celebrities I know.

I don't believe in cancelling just like I don't believe in censorship. For those cancelling another, it's a matter of personal opinion. It was called Bullying when I was a kid. The "Don't play with such & such".
Everybody has a right to their own opinions, & yes, even if they are hurtful. If we want to be accepted, we need to accept others. NOW, this does NOT mean we accept what is being done. We are accepting the person as a human being even if we don't accept or believe what they are doing.
I don't believe a lot of what's going on out there or what somebody may do or believe but I do not have the right to "cancel" them. If you don't like it, don't watch. Don't read. Don't look.
I'm saying this because a huge majority of what is being "cancelled" is not big pedophiles or serial killers. It's individual people who simply are voicing THEIR own opinion & a few people simply disagrees & then it snowballs in the biased media. That is not right.

Cancelling people is a big thing these days. If you said one bad thing in the past, you could potentially be cancelled for ever. Have you ever been "cancelled" for something you said in the past? Do you know anyone who has? Did you or they overcome it? Or did it tarnish your or their careers?

I think cancelling certain people makes sense, those who break the law, are offensive or do bad things deserve to not be on any platforms. But are there people you feel were unfairly cancelled?
On La Femme Nikita, (great show) getting cancelled means.. well, you're a goner. Like R.I.P.

Do you mean like a celeb's role or TV show getting cancelled because of something they've said or done?
Or "cancelling" someone as a friend and never speaking to them again, as if they don't exist, or cancelling a person from a job which would mean no hopes of them ever working there again?

It was called Bullying when I was a kid.

I'm saying this because a huge majority of what is being "cancelled" is not big pedophiles or serial killers. It's individual people who simply are voicing THEIR own opinion & a few people simply disagrees & then it snowballs in the biased media. That is not right.

This is nothing but the truth. People now just target popular people and come out with all sorts of opinions all in the name of having them cancelled for one reason or another that isn't justified. People are no longer allowed to lead their life simply because they are now a public figure? It's all down to social media bullying as you said it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back