What's new

Have you monetized a Youtube channel; how long did it take?

Chibson

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jan 17, 2021
USD
$2.0000USD
Biznotes
I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel in the make money online niche. I know this niche is very popular and so many people around the internet are very much interested in online money making.

The channel will also contain offline business ideas and a lot of other interesting contents.
Already, I have a YouTube channel in the entertainment niche with a few subscribers.
Have you started the YouTube channel before and monetized it?. How long did it take?.
Also mention the strategies you used in making it faster.

I have a YouTube channel of more than 10000 subscribers, it took me a little while to monetize it for the first time, I think about 8 months or so, when I met the adsense requirements, but it is currently demonetized by copyright issues :(

I have a YouTube channel of more than 10000 subscribers, it took me a little while to monetize it for the first time, I think about 8 months or so, when I met the adsense requirements, but it is currently demonetized by copyright issues :(
Sad experience, it is one of the major things I want to avoid because I'll be creating all my contents by myself. I've already told a friend of mine who is into music to make good musical beats for my videos. I want to make sure that everything belongs to me so that I would not experience demonetization later. Did you upload other people's video on the channel?.

I have not, but have considered starting my own YouTube channel over the years. I think the problem isn't with monetizing, as that is pretty self explanatory. You won't be able to monetize your videos until you reach a certain point anyway. I believe on YouTube you need like at least 2000 subscribers to monetize videos, but that may be wrong or may have changed.

Once you achieve some sort of popularity on the platform, you can then monetize your videos and reap the rewards.

I have not, but have considered starting my own YouTube channel over the years. I think the problem isn't with monetizing, as that is pretty self explanatory. You won't be able to monetize your videos until you reach a certain point anyway. I believe on YouTube you need like at least 2000 subscribers to monetize videos, but that may be wrong or may have changed.

Once you achieve some sort of popularity on the platform, you can then monetize your videos and reap the rewards.
The requirements to monetize a YouTube channel is 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours. Of course, you need a very good contents to do so and on the long run, you can get popular.

I have a monetized youtube channel and it took me over a year and more than 100 videos to get there. sadly, my channel also has been demonetized after my subscribers dropped below 1000.

Sad experience, it is one of the major things I want to avoid because I'll be creating all my contents by myself. I've already told a friend of mine who is into music to make good musical beats for my videos. I want to make sure that everything belongs to me so that I would not experience demonetization later. Did you upload other people's video on the channel?.
No, I did not upload videos of other people, it was for sound issues and music in general so it was demonetized, but well I do not care much today, as you say you want to upload your own ambient sound, that is the best so that the same thing does not happen to you.

I have a monetized youtube channel and it took me over a year and more than 100 videos to get there. sadly, my channel also has been demonetized after my subscribers dropped below 1000.
That means your YouTube channel was not growing. It is always important to grow your subscribers to a level where they will no longer drop to less than 1,000. Getting subscribers is less a problem compared to getting watch hours in my perspective

That means your YouTube channel was not growing. It is always important to grow your subscribers to a level where they will no longer drop to less than 1,000. Getting subscribers is less a problem compared to getting watch hours in my perspective
So, you are giving me a piece of advice on how to run a youtube channel. I appreciate. You are giving me advice based on your personal experience, right? So, how big is your channel? Has your youtube channel demonetized for subscribers and watch time?

I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel in the make money online niche. I know this niche is very popular and so many people around the internet are very much interested in online money making.

The channel will also contain offline business ideas and a lot of other interesting contents.
Already, I have a YouTube channel in the entertainment niche with a few subscribers.
Have you started the YouTube channel before and monetized it?. How long did it take?.

Yes, I started my YouTube channel almost two years ago. It hasn't met the criteria required for monetization yet.

It's about cooking recipes and food reviews. Now, after starting my freelancing career, I don't have much time to create and upload new content there regularly.

To monetize a YouTube channel and be approved for the YouTube Partner Program, follow these steps:

Meet the eligibility requirements:

Your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers.
Your channel must have at least 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months.
You must comply with all YouTube's policies and guidelines.

Go to the YouTube Studio dashboard.
Click on "Monetization" in the left menu.
Follow the instructions to set up an AdSense account (if you don't have one).
Enable monetization features:

In the YouTube Studio, go to the "Monetization" tab.
Review and agree to the terms.
Set your monetization preferences for ad formats and placements.
Submit your channel for review:

Once you meet the eligibility requirements, click on the "Start" button for the monetization review process.
YouTube will review your channel to ensure it complies with their policies.
The time it takes to get approved varies, but it can typically take anywhere from a few days to several weeks. The review process involves YouTube assessing your channel's content and ensuring that it adheres to their policies and guidelines. It's important to maintain a consistent and high-quality content strategy while waiting for approval.

You don't need as much to qualify for their partner program but they are a lot more strict with it these days. I can't say I have ever gone through the process. The most subscribers I have to my channel, one I did videos on for a website, is just 2,100.

Monetizing a YouTube channel and becoming eligible for the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) requires meeting certain criteria set by YouTube. These criteria include having at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months, complying with YouTube's policies and guidelines, and residing in an eligible country or region. Some channels may achieve the requirements within a few months, while others may take longer but it is important to stay consistent.

The time it takes to monetize a YouTube channel can vary significantly. It could take a few months to several years, depending on several factors. It's important to stay consistent, produce high-quality content, and engage with your audience to increase your chances of success.

Personally I have not been able to do much on YouTube that is going to be able for me to monetize the Channel in order to make money from it because I'm not usually that good when it comes to creating video content.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back