What's new

Have you hosted any contest but no one joined?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
Forum contests are targeted to drive traffic and bring more activities to the forum by those who will participate in the contest. This is why there are cash prizes for winners of such forum contests.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed where a forum owner hosted a cash winners prizes for the contest but he was struggling to get participants.

Have you hosted any contest in your forum but no one joined?

I think it depends on what the prize is. How much cash were they giving away? If it was a small amount, I could see some people not bothering to sign up to the site. If it's for a decent amount of money, you might have more signups. But the problem there is if those users even decide to participate in your forum or not. Most people who join via giveaways, leave once it's over. Some will stick around, but most won't bother staying.

I've done many giveaways. What I hate the most is getting a very small amount of entries. No one wants to give away something big and only have a few people enter for it.

Not on a forum but on my multi-author blog, I once hosted a writing contest, there was only one participants and I had to close down the contest. I never created another contest. However, currently, I am thinking to create a contest for my forum.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back