What's new

Forums or Reddit? Which you spend more time on?

kensonplays

Familiar Face
Sep 20, 2023
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Between forums and Reddit, which of these two do you usually spend more time on? I usually spend about equal amount of time on both.

I use Reddit primarily for content creation, networking, blogging, and similar. I have not found any real good dedicated blogging forums. When I search for blogging forums, Reddit shows up as number one of course, but then there are also Digital Point and warrior forums (searched on page for "blog and "blogging" but nothing), both of which do not seem to be dedicated to blogging. There is forums like the writing forums (searched on page for "blog and "blogging" but nothing), but that is more for general writing, and I think not so much for blogging.

To be honest, I have considered starting my own second forum for blogging. But I would probably want to co-own it with someone else. Since most of these other options seem to be one of those multi-niche forums.

I spend way more time on forums, but I occasionally browse Reddit when I'm bored enough. I used to post around Reddit, but now I just browse.

I spend about the same time on both Reddit and forums. I browse Reddit on my phone and typically will visit gaming related subreddits. As for forums, I tend to visit them more while I'm on my computer but I do browse them on my phone from time to time as well. I've been on Reddit for a decade now, I wish they didn't get rid of coins though...

I spend more time on forums, and here's why. Forums often offer a more structured and organized way to discuss topics. They have categories and threads that make it easier to find specific information or engage in focused conversations. Additionally, forums can foster a sense of community, with members who share common interests and knowledge. While Reddit is popular for its wide range of topics, forums can provide a more specialized and in-depth experience for niche interests and expertise.

I spend way more time on forums, but I occasionally browse Reddit when I'm bored enough. I used to post around Reddit, but now I just browse.
I'm trying to move away from Reddit due to some of its changes making moderation more difficult on mobile devices. Nowadays I mostly just use Reddit on my PC and rarely on my phone due to this.

I spend about the same time on both Reddit and forums. I browse Reddit on my phone and typically will visit gaming related subreddits. As for forums, I tend to visit them more while I'm on my computer but I do browse them on my phone from time to time as well.
I'm the opposite I guess, in a sense. I rarely open Reddit on my phone since moderation is now more difficult with them killing all third-party apps which are arguably much better to make moderation easy. I own a subreddit with over 9k viewers, and I wonder if I should set up a second forum and migrate the users over there.

I've been on Reddit for a decade now,
I've been on Reddit for probably that or a lil more, between my two accounts. One I no longer use since it has my first-mid initial and last name, which now that I create public live broadcasts, I don't want people to know my name to find my house.

Forums often offer a more structured and organized way to discuss topics. They have categories and threads that make it easier to find specific information or engage in focused conversations.
I can easily agree there. Plus Discord does not offer "move messages" functionality in case people get very off-topic.

forums can foster a sense of community, with members who share common interests and knowledge.
Yep! Communities are easier to manage with a forum suite, since they usually offer more than a forums. Either built-in, or with third-party mods, you can blog, add media galleries, and more.

While Reddit is popular for its wide range of topics, forums can provide a more specialized and in-depth experience for niche interests and expertise.
Very much agreed. Its easier to find content on a forum, IMO.

I think it was in 2013 when I created a Reddit account for the first time. However, I closed my account after I had some issues with a user. couple of years later, I again created an account but my account is dormantr, I have not logged into my accout for many years. I am happy on forums.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back