What's new

Ever logged into a wallet and forgot you had money there?

C.Grigg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
1000 Posts Club
Mar 2, 2013
USD
$5.6500USD
Biznotes
Have you ever logged into a wallet and forgot that you had the money in there?
Today I logged into CoinbasePro and forgot I had $1800 in there.
Face Palm No GIF

Wow, that is such a high amount you had there and had forgotten. I don't think I would forget that myself. I am always very aware of the money I have🤣.

I guess if I start making more money, I will forget where others are. That would be a pleasant surprise to get it.

It happens during bear market mostly. Or if the coin you're holding in that wallet loses value too much. I forgot I was holding SLP for months on FTX.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, that is such a high amount you had there and had forgotten. I don't think I would forget that myself. I am always very aware of the money I have🤣.

I guess if I start making more money, I will forget where others are. That would be a pleasant surprise to get it.
I do forget cash in several places at home. It's a pleasant surprise when I find the money, but I've also lost money not keeping track of what I have.

Forgetting that you have money in an account means that you are contented or rather you are reach. Congratulations for saving $1800 and forgetting it. I hope I were you since I can't forget even a single cent.

I wish that could happen to me. However, I once lost $5 on my Bitpay account because I forgot the backup seed phrase. That was when Bitcoin was priced at $1000. it would be $90 worth of Bitcoin in today's value.

You got your money back, but many of my old wallets are gone, and I do not remember if I had some money there or not.
Now I have to take care that I must not forget.

I've once forgotten I had a few coins in a wallet,I think it worth about $5 then. I found it of recent but the coin value was nothing to write home about.

Yes, this happened to me with a secondary exodus wallet that I had some time ago, which I had installed on a secondary mobile which I forgot to copy my wallet to my new mobile device later, I didn't have much money, less than $30, but it was a good surprise

That is why it is always advisable to write down all your seed phrases somewhere, better on a piece of paper so that you do not forget all the wallets you have.

Yes, this happened to me with a secondary exodus wallet that I had some time ago, which I had installed on a secondary mobile which I forgot to copy my wallet to my new mobile device later, I didn't have much money, less than $30, but it was a good surprise

That is why it is always advisable to write down all your seed phrases somewhere, better on a piece of paper so that you do not forget all the wallets you have.
There is wrong practice from exodus that is download pdf of the seed phrase and it is very risky. You could import your wallet but it is required every time to answer what is 9th word even if you have coupled from mobile phone to PC while it is not supposed to be done as in download phase a person with remote access could reveal it.

There is wrong practice from exodus that is download pdf of the seed phrase and it is very risky. You could import your wallet but it is required every time to answer what is 9th word even if you have coupled from mobile phone to PC while it is not supposed to be done as in download phase a person with remote access could reveal it.
You are right, that's why I copy everything to paper and try not to download my seed phrase in PDF or in another type of format or leave it stored on my computer or mobile, since it is too risky as you say, the safest thing is to have it on paper, or safer even to have it memorized, but that has its risks too, that is, that you forget your seed phrase. :ROFLMAO:

Have you ever logged into a wallet and forgot that you had the money in there?
Today I logged into CoinbasePro and forgot I had $1800 in there.
Face Palm No GIF
That sure is a lot of money, nice surprise thought when you found it and realized for sure.

I myself can't say I have ever logged into a wallet and forgotten I had money in it, it would be nice to do so though at the moment but unfortunately, most of my wallets at the moment are empty until I get more used to crypto :)

It has never happened to me at anytime. I actually have all my wallets address and password written down in my diary. I always knew the ones with money in them.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back