Not open for further replies.

test-user

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Has anyone tried it with either two actual drums or a double pedal on one drum? Does anyone have any performance clips or lessons?

Well I am going to see my drummer friend later in the day here, so I am definitely going to have to ask him about this. I really do not have much experience here, but the whole double bass idea certainly gets my attention and makes me want to look more into it. If it has the potential to add something that I have not used before, well that is always welcome for me. Thanks for sharing.

I've not tried the double pedal either, although these days I think they're quite common. I once also remember seeing a triple pedal at a convention, and while it did sound quite impressive, I'd imagine to get your head around that would be quite hard to do!

I tried playing the drums in double pedals probably twice or three times and it may be pretty hard and confusing at times particularly if you're a starter. It's really different to play the drums in double pedals aside from the fact that it will produce a more solid and better sound. I still would like to learn how to play it and to master it once I have the time. I know a few people who would like to master it yet they're having a hard time. However, if you have the patience to learn it then eventually you will.

I have seen a band named Racer X which was Paul Gilbert's band around the 80s, and their drummer was playing on double bass not double pedal bass. I do think its much harder on double bass since your left foot is far away from the clapper's pedal,unlike the double pedal bass, Your left foot pedal is just beside the clapper's pedal. here is the piece I was talking about..[video=youtube]

No, I haven't tried the double bass drumming. I am excited seeing it being played by very skillful drummers, I admire the speed and accuracy at which they blend the drumming together. It will be interesting trying it out someday

I can play beats with my left foot, so perhaps I could learn double bass drumming if I wanted to. Too bad I haven't ventured into it much, nor Latin stuff. It's all brand new to me.

If you are playing jazz or blues, I think there is no need for a double bass. I usually hear drummers using double bass are the ones playing speed metal or progressive metal. But I do know of a local drummer who plays double pedal sound with a single pedal drum set. quite a skill I would say.

While a drummer might not need to learn the skill because they won't have any need to due to the style of music they play, surely they'll want to master the technique anyway though?

Drumming is like anything in life, and if you're going to learn something then your going to want to learn how to do it all, no matter how complex it is I would have thought.

Sometimes one can imitate the sound of a double bass drum without a double-pedal, by using the low toms in conjunction with a single bass pedal.

Of course, however, unfortunately, we cannot imitate a marching band bass drumline on the set? Right?

What a about taking lessons on drumming on a double pedal or two drums together. It looks a complex form of drum bass combination. I'll like some tutorials on this maybe online just to be acquainted with some of the rudiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back