What's new

Does religion cause more harm than good?

MrDawn

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Oct 6, 2023
USD
$16.3600USD
Biznotes
Do you think religion causes more harm than it does any good? Are religious wars ever morally appropriate? Why or why not?

I am not a religious person, but I know that religion has caused many issues, but also helps a lot of people too. There is a lot of hate with religion, and a lot of rules as well. I think it gives people too much hope in some ways and in some not enough.

I hate that in a lot of religions there is hate, homophobia, and more harmful things, yet so many people praise the bible or the people in it. I don't like that there are preachers out there with the sole intention of making money off of their religions.

I respect those who believe in a god and a religion, but it's not for me. As long as you don't try and push your beliefs on me, we'll be good.

Do you think religion causes more harm than it does any good? Are religious wars ever morally appropriate? Why or why not?

I am a Christian, and I think that there are some times in the past when our religion caused issues in the world, but the situation right now is calm since most churches now prefer peace. We want to have peace around the globe, too.

First and foremost, I don't really like getting into religious discussions because most of the time, it doesn't end well but let me try and add something in this one.

I would actually say that Christianity is the most peaceful religion in the world. I can't say the same thing for Islamic religion. A lot of violent acts have been carried out by Muslims all in the name of their religion. Most terrorist cells are all Muslims.

First and foremost, I don't really like getting into religious discussions because most of the time, it doesn't end well but let me try and add something in this one.

I would actually say that Christianity is the most peaceful religion in the world. I can't say the same thing for Islamic religion. A lot of violent acts have been carried out by Muslims all in the name of their religion. Most terrorist cells are all Muslims.
Yes, although all religions have had their pluses and minuses, in modern times it seems that Islam has produced more damage, but Christianity also had its ups and downs with the Catholic Church in the time of the Holy Inquisition, I believe that religions have done more good than harm, but differences always create conflicts.

Yes, although all religions have had their pluses and minuses, in modern times it seems that Islam has produced more damage, but Christianity also had its ups and downs with the Catholic Church in the time of the Holy Inquisition, I believe that religions have done more good than harm, but differences always create conflicts.

Yeah, that's very correct. In the days of the old, Christianity was more hostile. Between 1096 and 1291, history have it that one of the biggest religious war was fought between Christians and Muslims just to secure control of holy sites considered sacred by both groups. Millions of people were killed. But today, Islam is the head of religious violence.

Correct, and now we can see another religious confrontation, that is, Palestinian people against the people of Israel, although it is now in the media spotlight, it is a conflict that has been going on for a long time, since 1904 when the Jews began to migrate to Palestine after there began to be a lot of rejection for them in Europe.

Now the conflict is intensifying, and it is just another religious conflict in my opinion.

Correct, and now we can see another religious confrontation, that is, Palestinian people against the people of Israel, although it is now in the media spotlight, it is a conflict that has been going on for a long time, since 1904 when the Jews began to migrate to Palestine after there began to be a lot of rejection for them in Europe. Now the conflict is intensifying, and it is just another religious conflict in my opinion.

Seriously, I have been heart broken with what's going on with Isreal and Hamas. How many people have died already in this conflict but they are yet to end it and give peace a chance. All the world powers like USA, Russia, China and etc are not trying to find a last solution to this problem while thousands of people die every day.

Seriously, I have been heart broken with what's going on with Isreal and Hamas. How many people have died already in this conflict but they are yet to end it and give peace a chance. All the world powers like USA, Russia, China and etc are not trying to find a last solution to this problem while thousands of people die every day.
Yes, I'm also sick of seeing so much conflict, but in fact, I don't know what China and Russia are doing, but I've heard that the US is funding Israel for the conflict, just like it's been doing with Ukraine, I don't know how this will all end.

Yes, I'm also sick of seeing so much conflict, but in fact, I don't know what China and Russia are doing, but I've heard that the US is funding Israel for the conflict, just like it's been doing with Ukraine, I don't know how this will all end.

Isreal is claiming that are not the one that bombed Gaza Hospital with their proof of failed rocket launch within Gaza but you and I know that's a big fat lie. They are saying it's other teams that bombed the hospital and Biden is backing their claim. Who's the other team that could have chosen the right time to bomb the hospital killing hundreds of people? It can only be Isreal.

Isreal is claiming that are not the one that bombed Gaza Hospital with their proof of failed rocket launch within Gaza but you and I know that's a big fat lie. They are saying it's other teams that bombed the hospital and Biden is backing their claim. Who's the other team that could have chosen the right time to bomb the hospital killing hundreds of people? It can only be Isreal.

The media is being controlled when a war is ongoing, and just like what is happening between Russia and Ukraine, I don't expect any much difference with what is ongoing in Israel and Palestine. My pain is that it is the common people that suffer.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with religion on its own. The problem is with those who are practicing the religion. All the religion that I have studied all teach and encourage peace and love but how the wreck people do their interpretation, they put everything upside down and cause havoc.

Human beings are the downfall of what religion is being seen as. They've dragged the face of different religion through the mud without any regard. Religion is innocent like a new baby but humans with their pitfalls have painted it black.

The media is being controlled when a war is ongoing, and just like what is happening between Russia and Ukraine, I don't expect any much difference with what is ongoing in Israel and Palestine. My pain is that it is the common people that suffer.

There is a Korean movie that I watched the name was Six flying Dragon. A scholar in the movie was against the nation go into war because it is the young that goes to war and get killed while it is the old people that pushes forward to be a fought.

War never favours the young because they're the ones that get wiped out and that is exactly what is happening between Isreal and Palestine.

This is how the media have been used for a long time. The government make sure it's what they want that is released for the general public to have access to. Everyone who is suffering as a result of the war in Ukraine and Russia doesn't make them feel bad.

Human beings are the downfall of what religion is being seen as. They've dragged the face of different religion through the mud without any regard. Religion is innocent like a new baby but humans with their pitfalls have painted it black.

Everything about the behaviour of human beings have always been influenced by our selfishness. This is the reason why everyone is always looking for an opportunity to better themselves. This causes a lot of harm to other peoples that are likely to be an obstacle for somebody to get what he or she wants. This is how people do things and they blame religion as a result of it.

It's a bit of both – depends on the situation. While religion can bring comfort, community, and a moral compass for many, it has also been a source of conflict and division throughout history. It really comes down to how people interpret and practice their beliefs. In some cases, religion fosters kindness and compassion, while in others, it can be a catalyst for misunderstanding and even harm. So, it's a mixed bag, with the impact varying based on individual beliefs and how they're expressed.

It's a bit of both – depends on the situation. While religion can bring comfort, community, and a moral compass for many, it has also been a source of conflict and division throughout history. It really comes down to how people interpret and practice their beliefs. In some cases, religion fosters kindness and compassion, while in others, it can be a catalyst for misunderstanding and even harm. So, it's a mixed bag, with the impact varying based on individual beliefs and how they're expressed.

Islam is the biggest problem when it comes to religion. It's the only religion that preaches war and killing of anyone who does believe in it. You don't see a jew blowing up a mosque or shopping mall, school, hospital because he wants people to convert but Muslims do it every day all over the world. They are the problem!

Well religion has done more good than harm. If there is no religion, most people won't likely develop love for their fellows. Happiness begins at home. Your religion and culture will always make you feel home and also it teaches you a lot of things.

Religion is very ok to me as it has brought out many discoveries which some is beneficiary to the whole world.

The thing I have to say concerning religion is that if you think your religion is not leading you to the right track or positively not changing, you can change your religion. That's all. If your better without religion then fine.

Well religion has done more good than harm. If there is no religion, most people won't likely develop love for their fellows. Happiness begins at home. Your religion and culture will always make you feel home and also it teaches you a lot of things.

Religion is very ok to me as it has brought out many discoveries which some is beneficiary to the whole world.

The thing I have to say concerning religion is that if you think your religion is not leading you to the right track or positively not changing, you can change your religion. That's all. If your better without religion then fine.

Personally, I don't think it is religion that taught me anything about love because this is a feeling that was shown to me by my parents when I was born. It doesn't have anything to do with religion. I know that some religion teaches about love but when you look at what some so called religious people have been doing to other people, you will question if they knew what love is about.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back