What's new

Does anyone play an instrument outside of percussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

test-user

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Does anyone play the guitar, bass, piano etc..? Do you play it well, or are you just learning? Is there anyone considering playing another instrument?

I am pretty good at the piano, but I really do not playing it that much. I can play the guitar too, but that also has kind of been here and there lately. The motivation just really is not there for me much anymore, plus the whole work and family thing. When a certain friend comes over though, I can still get my jam on.

I guess I'm coming at from a different angle. I play keyboards (synthesizers, piano, organ, etc.) and am interesting in getting involved with drumming too. Or at least proficient enough with percussion instruments to further my music projects. Beyond that, I've played a little guitar (never got that good at it) and bass (did so-so). My spouse plays the violin and does so very well.

Yes, I do play the guitar sometimes at my leisure, I am still a learner at that, always enjoy being with the guitar. A friend of mine seems to be very good at guitar and the piano, I am beginning to learn how to handle and play the piano from him now.

Yes. I play flute but I want to learn how to play the drums, guitar, and violin. Unfortunately, because of the toxicity of my daily life, I'm stuck in front of my computers. I do however mix music using a computer and I compose with drums included.

As a side note, I think percussion is good to learn for other musicians cause many of them haven't mastered rhythm. For instance, piano teachers often don't emphasize the rhythm part of the notes, focusing more on whether or not they hit the correct ones. However, both aspects are very very important.

Yes. I play flute but I want to learn how to play the drums, guitar, and violin. Unfortunately, because of the toxicity of my daily life, I'm stuck in front of my computers. I do however mix music using a computer and I compose with drums included.

Interesting, Flute is one instrument I'll like playing, I think I'll do well on the instrument. I regard myself as a novice there since I haven't spend time there but admire it a lot

Interesting, Flute is one instrument I'll like playing, I think I'll do well on the instrument. I regard myself as a novice there since I haven't spend time there but admire it a lot

No one uses flute in music nowadays except those who mix songs with their computer software. I still love the original sound coming from an actual flute, you cannot really compare that to the synthetic sound produced with a software.

I first started out playing guitar and it's only in the last few years that decided to learn the drums. I also play base guitar as well, and my reason for learning the drums was simply so I could play lead guitar better although that may sound a bit odd to some. Drums and base control the tempo and the whole rhythm of a band and so with me just playing lead guitar, I was struggling to engage with the other band members and without actually learning about that side of things, it didn't sound right to me.

At first I just started to learn how the rhythm section worked, but the more I was shown and read up on it, I thought I might as well go the whole way and also try and learn the instruments themselves at the same time, and it is something that I would recommend as you do see things from a totally different perspective.

At first I just started to learn how the rhythm section worked, but the more I was shown and read up on it, I thought I might as well go the whole way and also try and learn the instruments themselves at the same time, and it is something that I would recommend as you do see things from a totally different perspective.

A lot of guitarists have to hear the song to play it. While that's a talented skill, it can be a block sometimes. However, if you know rhythm, you can often read tablature easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back