What's new

Doctor Who Returns

Dismal_Bliss

Familiar Face
Nov 23, 2023
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
... with Special #1 this last Saturday called "The Starbeast". And boy does it have a lot of high expectations. It's the 60th anniversary of the show. Russell T Davies is back at the helm. Bad Wolf bought/took over Doctor Who. They partnered with Disney who is shelling out the money to finance it. David Tennant is back as the Doctor and Catherine Tate is back as Donna Noble.

Will this mark the return to Doctor Who's glory days? I sure hope so. On the other hand, others fear that the show will continue to be bait for "political correctness" and social propaganda. Did you get a chance to see it yet? If so, what did you think?

I really enjoyed the first special. Great to see (Or at least hear) Miriam Margolyes. Can't wait for the second special.

I've never watched the show, but have heard nothing but good things about it. As someone who has never watched an episode, where should I start? I don't think I could go from the very start, didn't this show start in the 60s?

I've never watched the show, but have heard nothing but good things about it. As someone who has never watched an episode, where should I start? I don't think I could go from the very start, didn't this show start in the 60s?

Yes, this show started in 1963. It's the longest running sci-fi show in history. There are more episodes of Doctor Who than there are with all the Star Trek franchises combined.

The 2005 reboot labeled "Series 1" with the first episode called "Rose" I think is a perfect entry point.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back