What's new

Do you wave to everyone you see? Or nod?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When you're walking down the street, or are walking around your workplace, do you like to wave to people or do you nod? I tend to do the latter, as in nodding when I see someone. I believe it's more of an American thing, were we greet people by nodding with a small smile. I will sometimes wave though, but I feel it's more intimate to wave to people you don't know. IS that weird?

I live in England and as much as we sometimes do wave when we see someone we know from a distance, a lot of the time when we see someone we tend to give a quick nod and say hi and ask them how they are.

Just yesterday I saw someone I knew but they were across the road so we waved as we saw one another and then carried on.

Here in Spain it is very common to say hello rather with a handshake or two kisses if you are a woman and ask how everything is going, you usually nod if you greet a person you don't know very well or you know very little, here it is very common to be friendly and stop to talk for a moment.

Here in Spain it is very common to say hello rather with a handshake or two kisses if you are a woman and ask how everything is going, you usually nod if you greet a person you don't know very well or you know very little, here it is very common to be friendly and stop to talk for a moment.
We also do the same here in England, if we are not heading somewhere that we need to be by a certain time we tend to stop and chat for a little to someone we know, if not it is a quick nod, hi and ask how they are and keep going.

If we are close enough to shake hands, it's what I do but it would be someone I talk with and familiar with too. As for the rest, waving and saying hello is the way especially when I'm in a hurry.

Nodding is always going to be more difficult for me to do which is why I prefer to wave at people as long as they are not in a close distance with me.

I don't usually like to stop and greet people because it waste my time and I hate it whenever I'm walking with someone the person will be stopping frequently to greet people instead of just waving them and going his own way.

When you're walking down the street, or are walking around your workplace, do you like to wave to people or do you nod? I tend to do the latter, as in nodding when I see someone. I believe it's more of an American thing, were we greet people by nodding with a small smile. I will sometimes wave though, but I feel it's more intimate to wave to people you don't know. IS that weird?

Over here, waving to people that I see on the road is the preferred choice. I will rather do that than shaking those that I see around most of the times. It is easier to focus on moving to my destination when I wave to people than having to come closer for a handshake 🤝.

Over here, waving to people that I see on the road is the preferred choice. I will rather do that than shaking those that I see around most of the times. It is easier to focus on moving to my destination when I wave to people than having to come closer for a handshake 🤝.

I can remember how COVID stopped handshake 100% few years ago. I can never believe human being were that afraid of dying. Everyone is happy the tension have passed. People can shake hands freely without any fears.

No, I don't talk to people unless they talk to me or when I am checking out at a store or something of that nature. It would feel strange to just wave to random people.

If I see a familiar face or someone I know, I nod, I don't have the habit of waving or shaking hands. I shake hands only with friends and nod to all acquaintances. If I meet someone I know too well, I take a moment to say hello and have a quick chitchat

No, I don't talk to people unless they talk to me or when I am checking out at a store or something of that nature. It would feel strange to just wave to random people.

It's not a must to wait for people to talk to you before you talk to them. If everyone is waiting for others to talk to them first before they do the same thing, no one will ever talk to one another.

I am the kind of person that is always in a hurry whenever I am going to somewhere on the road. It's always going to be very stressful for me to stop and greet someone while I have somewhere I need to be as quickly as possible. This is the reason why waving at people is always going to be the right option for me to use.

I don't wave at everyone, but if it's an acquaintance of mine and he's far enough away, I won't shout hello to the whole street, it's easier for me to just wave my hand or nod my head so that he knows that I said hello to him

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back