What's new

Do you think having a shoutbox necessary in forum?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
Personally for me, I think that having a shoutbox is very important in forum because it's a section that allows all the irrelevant discussions to go on without derailing any subject that's been discussed. It's just like some members go off topic on a particular subject which isn't good for the discussion on that topic. But with a shoutbox, members are free to talk on just about anything.

Are you for or against shoutbox on forums?

I think shoutboxes tend to take away activity from the forum. Imo anything worth discussing should be posted in a topic rather than in a shoutbox.

It depends on the behaviour of your forum members. If you noticed that they seem to to give more attention to the shoutbox, it's not good for the growth of your forum generally. But if it's something they use once in a while, then it's a welcome development.

I think that it makes your forum look much better. This also shows that the forum owner takes things seriously on the forum and he is ready to assist people when it comes to dealing with problems.

I think the forum should never stay away from its central topic, therefore, I believe shoutbox is complete;y unnecessary. if you allow people to talk on unrelated subjects you will have more off topic discussion.

I think it makes the forum look better. This also shows that the forum owners take things seriously on their forums and are happy to help people solve their problems.

Personally for me, I think that having a shoutbox is very important in forum because it's a section that allows all the irrelevant discussions to go on without derailing any subject that's been discussed. It's just like some members go off topic on a particular subject which isn't good for the discussion on that topic. But with a shoutbox, members are free to talk on just about anything.

It hinges on how your forum's participants act. It's not beneficial for the overall growth of your forum if you observe that they appear to pay closer attention to the shout box. However, if they just seldom utilize it, this is a positive move.

It hinges on how your forum's participants act. It's not beneficial for the overall growth of your forum if you observe that they appear to pay closer attention to the shout box. However, if they just seldom utilize it, this is a positive move.

It could be positive if it adds something to the forum. This also involves posting some random messages to support team of the forum as well. Apart from that, it might not be necessary.

It could be positive if it adds something to the forum. This also involves posting some random messages to support team of the forum as well. Apart from that, it might not be necessary.
I understand your point. The shout box can be an excellent feature if it is used in the right way, but members are liable to take advantage and use it in the wrong way, at the forum's detriment.

It depends on how your forum's participants act.
It's not beneficial for the overall growth of your forum if you observe that they appear to pay more attention to the shoutbox.
However, if they just seldom utilize it, this is a positive development.

I'm for shoutbox on forums. I like the fact that members are free to talk about anything on a forum with shoutbox. I'm sure a lot if people would also be for shoutbox on forums

If the idea of shoutbox is not bringing positive impact on the site there's no need keeping the feature. So it'll be better to analyze the impact yourself and decide if it'll be better to keep it or not.

A shoutbox in a forum can help to increase dialogue and involvement among users. It can also contribute to a more energetic environment, allowing members to swiftly communicate freely and pose questions. It can also serve to enhance the community by enabling individuals to engage and form relationships with one another.

I think all the discussion should be inside topics, I do not think shoutboxes are necessary. However, if you want to create your forum more like chat sites, shout boxes might be an interesting feature.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back