What's new

Do you still use old media storage? (Floppy,CD,DVD,etc)

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
These days most computers don't even come with media storage options like Floppy drives or CD drives. My PC just has a HDD, SSD and USB connections if I need to add other media like a DVD drive.

Does anyone here still use Floppy drives yet? I have an old PC with a floppy drive yet, but I think the drive is dead.

I've been meaning to pick up an external CD/DVD drive so I can install older games, but haven't bothered to do that yet. Who here still has PCs with old media storage options? Do you still use the drives or do they go unused these days?

I have an old Dell laptop which has a CD drive but I barely use it. I thought of selling the laptop but I am keeping it because of the CD drive it is useful sometimes to play some old marriage videos stored on CD. Videographers use CDs to distribute marriage and other event videos where I live because they are cheaper than USB pen drives.

No. My laptop only has USB slots. No CDs, DVDs or Floppys. But my desktop had all the slots you mentioned, I had used floppy only once just to see how it works. CDs and DVDs I've used a lot but the days are gone now.

I stopped using floppy and CDs a long time ago. I still have movies in DVDs and once in a while I play DVDs on my laptop and watch movies.

Was it three day ago that i was in my store trying to check out what i needed to dispose and funny enough i saw a DVD set i had abandoned for a while, i laughed and i disposed it immediately because it's of no use to me, though some people still use it in their homes

I used floppy disks, CDs, as well as DVDs, however, I no longer use these devices. I do have some DVDs in my collection, though I use a flash drive with 1 TB storage, I also have an external hard disk of 2 TB size.

They are not recommended in 2023. Now that 2024 is almost here, it is highly recommended to go for an SSD or cloud storage. Portable SSDs were never more affordable before. That adds to your mobility factor as well if you are not into cloud storage.

They are not recommended in 2023. Now that 2024 is almost here, it is highly recommended to go for an SSD or cloud storage. Portable SSDs were never more affordable before. That adds to your mobility factor as well if you are not into cloud storage.

I totally agree with you. Using better and recommended storage devices in 2023 will keep you ahead of the rest. Your ability to save more and have access to better features is what makes the difference at the end of the day. I will be seen as old-fashioned, if I use the CD drive in this age.

I'm no longer using DVDs, I am mostly using USB. But in the past, I used DVDs.Time has changed when technology changed the world.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back