What's new

Do you know you can lend to the US government through treasury bonds?

Etini

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Nov 17, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Treasury bonds are arrangements where you lend to the US government for an agreed period of time ranging from 10-30 years.

The government pays you interest twice a year on the amount and pays back the full amount at the expiration of the loan tenure?

I heard about one such scheme that is available in India too but it's available for depositors having bank accounts with certain banks and I think the rate of interest they can earn on it is around 5%

It's not a new thing and is popular from a long time. You can lend money to the government and earn fixed interest on it.

I am interested in learning in detail about it and may invest because our money will be safe in this and we can expect better returns

I know of some top people in my country that lend money to the government. Apart from the returns, your business would be favored by government.

I am hearing a lot about this and would like to learn more to see if we can invest and make profits from it but I would first like to know the minimum investment

It's not a new thing and is popular from a long time. You can lend money to the government and earn fixed interest on it.
This is actually my first time hearing about it. I think it is something cool but do you know how much we can lend to them?

I wish someone can share details about it so we can finalize and invest if its possible for us to see if it really works for us or not.

I was aware of this. However, I'm not sure that they are a good investment now with interest rates still very low. As interest rates in the U.S. inevitably rise soon, this may change.

However, I think some research may be required, as the U.S. Government has taken on trillions of dollars of debt and may be headed toward insolvency. Picking the right bond with the correct length duration before payout will be very important to bond investors in the future.

I think governments in many countries, not just in the US, sell bonds and treasury bills in order to collect money from the general public and invest the money in various developmental projects and industries. Even the government in our country burrows money from the public. The standard interest for such treasury bills and bonds is around 9 percent.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back