Do You Have to Pay VAT in Your Country

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
VAT is Value Added Tax, which is payable on every item, including service, bought and sold. When implemented, you will be paying VAT on your purchases. Businesses collect VAT from customers and then pay it back to the government. Do you pay VAT in your country? We pay 13 percent VAT.

Yes, everything here in my country is vatable, no excuse unless shop in public markets for there is no VAT inclusion. There are also no receipts from the vendors.

Yes, everything here in my country is vatable, no excuse unless shop in public markets for there is no VAT inclusion. There are also no receipts from the vendors.
That is what we call free shop there is no VAT in the free shop because they encourage you to buy something during your travel.

This time, our government is planning to adjust the VAT percentage in my country. The malls and storeowners gained much from VAT and it seems it's the consumers paying their tax. I do not know if there is a percentage for the government from their accumulated VAT.

In India Value Added Tax was replaced by GST and GST is levied in different slabs which are 2% or 15% or higher than that.

In Nigeria, Value Added Tax (VAT) is a consumption tax imposed on goods and services at a rate of 7.5%.

VAT registered businesses are required to charge VAT on their goods and services, and then remit the collected tax to the government.

Certain goods and services, such as basic food items, are exempt from VAT.

We even pay VAT on calls. The VAT rate is so high that people like doing transactions in bulk. I wish government can reduce the rate.

We even pay VAT on calls. The VAT rate is so high that people like doing transactions in bulk. I wish government can reduce the rate.
This day, I went to the mall to shop and much to my dismay, the VAT is getting higher. It seems it is the people who pay the taxes for the malls. Hiping they remit the VST money to BIR.

The central government of every country is involved in increasing or decreasing VAT to gain more money for public welfare. In India, we have scrapped VAT many years ago and we have GST here

VAT seems like forever. There's no problem of VAT if it's not at the extreme payment. 12 percent taken from our shopping for example is not a joke. The government should reduce at least 8 percent.

All these taxes are a problem for us as we need to pay more and that extra money should be used for public welfare and mostly the government use these for their own welfare only

VAT is something that no one can run away from. Government needs funds for development and it is sources like VAT that they can get it from.

VAT is also very important to our country. It is the source of every calamity and improvement like infrastructure. Without taxes from people, in our country become weak and ill.

VAT is Value Added Tax, which is payable on every item, including service, bought and sold. When implemented, you will be paying VAT on your purchases. Businesses collect VAT from customers and then pay it back to the government. Do you pay VAT in your country? We pay 13 percent VAT.
I honestly do not know why we have the VAT but people pay it very well in our country

Yes, unfortunately yes, in my country for food it is 10% and for everything else it is 21%, some items even more, there are countries where this tax does not exist, I wish mine were like that.

In my country, it's added to most goods and services, and businesses collect it from customers on behalf of the government.
I remember when I first learned about VAT, I was a bit confused at first. But it's basically a way for the government to collect a tax on the value added at each stage of production and distribution. It can be a bit annoying to see that extra charge on your receipt, but it's just part of how things work.
I remember when I first learned about VAT, I was a bit confused at first. But it's basically a way for the government to collect a tax on the value added at each stage of production and distribution. It can be a bit annoying to see that extra charge on your receipt, but it's just part of how things work.
I also came across some interesting info about the VAT in the UK, like the Tour Operators Margin Scheme, which helps tour operators calculate VAT on their profit margins rather than the full selling price.

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back