What's new

Do you give mods who volunteer incentives/bonuses?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you run a forum and want have mods who are volunteer, do you sometimes give them incentives and or bonuses for the work they do? I think if you have anyone volunteering to help with your site or forum, it's a good idea to offer something. Whether it be some pay, a bonus for the hard work they put in as a volunteer, or something else. I think it's great to give back for those who volunteer. Especially if they are there for a long time and do a lot of work. Giving back could be a fun thing to do.

I never have had any volunteer mods on my forum. I have always paid my mods, it is not a big amount but at least I am not making my mods work for free. I do not like idea making people work for free. This is the reason why I don't hire mods frequently. I mostly run my forums alone.

I never have had any volunteer mods on my forum. I have always paid my mods, it is not a big amount but at least I am not making my mods work for free. I do not like idea making people work for free. This is the reason why I don't hire mods frequently. I mostly run my forums alone.
That's awesome. I think for a big site, it's ideal to pay the more, especially if you have a lot of problem users on the site. I think it's fine to not pay mods if they volunteer. Some forums don't require a lot of work from mods. So I understand if it's a small forum or just among friends. Of course offering bonosus and extras for volunteering helps. And if you can pay, it doesn't hurt to do so.

At the moment, we give bonuses to our @Staff (For tagging) team on a monthly bonus calculated through Revenue Share. Some months it’s less, some none and others it’s more.

If you do pay volunteers incentives you need either a plan to recoup the costs your spending, or to have income like advertising revenue coming in.

At the moment, we give bonuses to our @Staff (For tagging) team on a monthly bonus calculated through Revenue Share. Some months it’s less, some none and others it’s more.

If you do pay volunteers incentives you need either a plan to recoup the costs your spending, or to have income like advertising revenue coming in.
That's awesome! And yeah I agree. If you intend to pay volunteers, you need to have a money coming in. I know I couldn't afford to pay people right out the gate, but as you grow and start to make good money, you can start to entertain those ideas.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back