What's new

Do you Consider Video Game themes to be Real Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Oct 17, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I was having an argument with a friend about whether or not video game themes are real music. He asked me what my favorite music was and I told him that Wiley's Castle theme from MegaMan 2 was my favorite but he then went on to say that it isn't real music. He thinks it isn't real music because he claims that they aren't considered to be real music by the media since they don't consider them for official music lists.

Aren't video game music composers artists? What do you think?

Anything with a melody and rythm is considered music by me. There are all kinds and even when a person is singing without any backround music it is considered music. Maybe your friend should look into the meaning of music much more. Just because he thinks music has to be in a media music lists doesn't mean it's not real music, and of course video games music composers are artists.

Just search the definition of music. Anything that has some kind of composition, that doesn't necessarily have to be liked can be considered music. If I started whistling right now, it is considered music, because there is some thought and organization there.

Of course they are music. This is why sometimes the OST is sold separately from the game. Have you ever played Undertale? The OST is heaven and soothing. I haven't even beaten the game yet but I've listened to the tracks for hours.

Anything with a melody and rythm is considered music by me. There are all kinds and even when a person is singing without any backround music it is considered music. Maybe your friend should look into the meaning of music much more. Just because he thinks music has to be in a media music lists doesn't mean it's not real music, and of course video games music composers are artists.
Agree 100%
A lot of today's gaming digital releases include soundtracks, or they can be purchased separately. Just because you may not hear it on the radio or see it on YT doesn't mean it isn't music :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back