What's new

Do tags on a forum help with SEO?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
If you frequently use forums you will be aware that on some forums depending on what software they use or even whether they have the option turned on within the admin panel, you can add tags that are relevant to the topic you are posting.

One thing I have always wondered is whether the tags added to a forum help the forum when it comes to SEO or could it instead cause problems for the forum in question allowing all members to be able to use that option?

Tags are keywords., Search engines take a cue from keywords, among other things), to learn about the content so that it can push up or down on the search algorithm. Using tags on forums will allow search both to understand the contet, tags help in SEO for a forum.

Tags are keywords., Search engines take a cue from keywords, among other things), to learn about the content so that it can push up or down on the search algorithm. Using tags on forums will allow search both to understand the contet, tags help in SEO for a forum.
This is good to know :) I know some forums don't have this turned on and in some cases, I can understand why but I do believe you can turn them off for certain groups which would prevent abuse of the tags system which could affect your SEO and your site.

I have mine turned on and at least the moment I have not noticed anyone abusing it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back