What's new

Could you use old work computers to mine?

I have a bunch of old PCs lying around my house after an old job, and they're essentially being used for nothing at this time. I figure I could set them all up to mine bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. I could probably buy a cheap gpu to help speed it up a bit. Is something like this possible? How much would I stand to make if I had, say 10 PCs mining?
What to Do with Old Broken Computers and Laptops
  • Use dual monitors if the display works. ...
  • Turn an old hard drive into an external hard drive. ...
  • Donate to the local school's computer science teacher. ...
  • Try selling parts to a computer repair or rebuild shop. ...
  • Sell it for cash online.

Second generation of computer deos not relevant when we are taking Abt mining issue because mining require a good speeded processor because mining is more or less forex trading and old fashion computer can not fit that of mining

In order to mine crypto currencies, you need high speed computer that uses GUP instead of CUP. Therefore, there is no chance of earning by running minng in old computers

So i heard, after watching a youtube video online from H-educate, mining crypto like monero and dogecoin is possible as long as you have a good cpu and GPU system, instead of throwing your old system you can maximize the power of its GPU to mine this coins.

I tried mining using my two old computers. One was manufactured in 2010 and the other was manufacturered in 2012. I was not even able to make a few cents a day as I was not able to generate hash power. I even planned to buy new computers and hardware to mine but after calculating my investments, I arrived at the conclusion that mining is NOT a great idea until or unless you invest a good amount of money.

You can't use any of those to mine any cryptocurrency for yourself. The truth is that your old computers have no use with the cryptocurrency mining process because it is far beyond the use of ordinary computers

You can't use any of those to mine any cryptocurrency for yourself. The truth is that your old computers have no use with the cryptocurrency mining process because it is far beyond the use of ordinary computers

Yes, it is true. You really cannot mine cryptocurrency using old computers but there is still hope. I think if your friends have a good mining hardware, then you can use crypto browser and refer them and they will be able to mine crypto and you will also be able to earn money in the process. Unfortunately, most of the people cannot buy expensive hardware or do not have one. Not every one can refer a good number of friends either. So these are some of the disadvantages of using apps like crypto browser.

Last edited:
You can use anything to mine your crypto currency so far its functioning and working well, your computer whether old and no matter how old is the computer, if it has the ability and capacity to mine, then you are good to go.

There is one other way to mine the cryptocurrencies by using old computers. However, for this you would need thousands of old computers (not too old) to mine the cryptocurrencies. You can combine the power of all those old computers and mine cryptocurrencies. However, obviously this is just a theory. You might be creating a huge mining rig, but still it would not be as efficient as mining with the latest hardware.

Wow. From what have read, I shows that mining of crypto currency is real. For long, I always thought it's just a sham and scam.

Wow. From what have read, I shows that mining of crypto currency is real. For long, I always thought it's just a sham and scam.

Crypto mining is definitely not a scam but you need to invest a really insane amount of money in order to mine a good number of coins. If you have an old computer then it is simply not worth it.

Most modern mining tools Are electronic with super intelligence with powerful ability to perform complicated algorithms, old computer may not have enough processor and ability to process complicated algorithm within a short time.

From what I have heard about mining it is something that requires computers that have a good capacity so I think getting a big one who would be very good for the business.

Those old computers do not have the required internal specifications that are capable of mining cryptocurrency unless you want the system to destroy complete beyond repair.

I just have to come in here because I am really eager to know how to mine crypto coins and if actually there are software or tools needed and how to acquire such tools or softwares. And if it is sth one can easily go into. But I am still holding my coins though.

I guess you might be able to mine coins like tron and the rest. As minning in general consumes and takes alot of power. Old computers might not have that much power for minning. It might be best to get a standard computer for minning.

No, it is definitely not possible to do so. Right now mining is becoming difficult on modern computers, too. So, how can we expect the old computers to mine cryptocurrencies for us? Mining is something that requires huge investments along with patience and only after some time, you will be able to see profits after mining crypto.

Mining using PC does not guarantee enough high yield returns like you may be thinking, so it is best to not expect much especially when they're old computers.

Of sure you can start mining, however your computer's processor power will determine the hash rate.
If you want to start creating your own cryptocurrency, I wouldn't suggest mining bitcoins because it wouldn't be at all profitable; instead, think about creating monero, zcash, or ethereum instead.

Yes you can use them to mine as far as they are in good working condition. If you have stable power supply,and the system program is updated.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back