.com or .net

Sharon

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Apr 22, 2014
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Which domain extension do you prefer? As for myself I prefer the .com because in my opinion it makes the website look more credible and professional. .net to me seems like an alternative domain name.

Which do you prefer, .com or .net?

.com. It sounds much more professional to be honest and a lot of the bigger sites (Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) use it so yeah professional wise though .net isn't bad at all.

The obsession with .coms is kind of elitist. I mean, what does it matter? I think if people see more non .coms, then they will get used to them. Anyway, .net is a credible extension for a web hosting company and many use it.

I prefer .com because it's widely used and common, at least for me. But I wouldn't mind trying out .net as domain extension.

Dot com and dot net were released in the same year but it is surprising that dot com became more popular than dot net. I find dot com very saturated, it is not possible to get the best deal on dot com, therefore, my go to domain extension is dot net.

When it comes to choosing a domain, if I am able to get the .com version of a domain name I choose, that will be the choice I make without a second thought.

If for some reason I can't have the .com extension and the .net extension is available, that will always be my second choice.

I recommend using .com for your domain extension. .com is the most widely recognized and trusted domain extension globally. When people think of websites, they instinctively expect them to end with .com. It's easy to remember and type, which can help visitors find your site more effortlessly.

I recommend using .com for your domain extension. .com is the most widely recognized and trusted domain extension globally. When people think of websites, they instinctively expect them to end with .com. It's easy to remember and type, which can help visitors find your site more effortlessly.

The truth is that a lot of people don't care at the moment. As long as you are able to market the one that you are using properly, you are sure that you won't feel like you made the wrong choice. While .com is very popular, it doesn't mean that you will rule out achieving same popularity by using the .net domain.

When it comes to choosing a domain, if I am able to get the .com version of a domain name I choose, that will be the choice I make without a second thought.

If for some reason I can't have the .com extension and the .net extension is available, that will always be my second choice.
IN the past, I was using all sorts of domain extensions from dot club to dot site, dot online, dot website, dot info, do xyz, etc. However, these days I like to stay with dot com or dot net. Between these two what I will choose will depend on availability of the name.

.com domains has higher authority than .net. But that does mean because you have a .com domain you will likely overthrow the .net in ranking. Hell no both domains can outrank each other with the right strategy used.

It is just that .com existed first before .net came later on. So implies that people are likely familiar with what came first.

I prefer to use a .com but I don't mind using a .net if the .com is taken or too expensive to purchase. Sometimes I'll even go with a .co domain since it's similar to .com.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back