CMS for Wiki Type Site

Justin

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jan 6, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
CMS for Wiki Type Site If I want to create a wiki type site (similar to wikipedia), what content management system should I use. I hear that you can use wordpress for wiki sites, but I want to know if there are content management systems that are primarily for wiki sites.

A wordpress site can be a wiki site however you will have a big number of pinned post on your wordpress blog so better to choose the 3 most important articles and pin them. You have to be a good writer and use Yoast SEO.

The good thing is that most content management system can manage a variety of different type of website. For instance, the WordPress content management system that I use can manage all kind of website like the Wikipedia kind of website you are talking about.

I do not have very good or cast experience with sits building and management outside of WordPress. I believe that WordPress have plug ins that alloy you deploy and is also a good cms platform.

CMS for Wiki Type Site If I want to create a wiki type site (similar to wikipedia), what content management system should I use. I hear that you can use wordpress for wiki sites, but I want to know if there are content management systems that are primarily for wiki sites.
I really don't know much about website creating but I could give out my own little advice on where to get the best information on anything related to this post you posted here,which is the help of google search ok.

I know I can search on google and get relevant information however, I am posting question here because I want to here what this community has to say on this topic

List of Most Popular Wiki CMS's – Create a Wikipedia Like Website
MediaWiki. This can be considered to be one of the most popular Wiki's among the list.
DokuWiki.
PmWiki.
TikiWiki.
WikkaWiki.
JAMWiki.
Enterprise Wiki.
Canvas ColdFusion Wiki.

I have never attempted in creating wiki site but on my scripts category of cpanel dash board I can see CMS for wiki sites. I have never checked these softwares.

But you can create wiki type site on wordpress, right? If you allow anyone to register the site and edit the content, your wordpress site can be just like wikipedia, is that correct?

You may want to check out some softaculous installations online, you can run a demo to know how it looks like and runs, if it's your taste then you install it, they are all free.

Considering the fact that I don't know much about Cms and wiki site but everything about it seems to be tough,just do research about it or watch tutorial on YouTube about it.

If you are looking to create a site like wikipedia then there should be a lot of different videos and tutorials on this because i have noticed that it is rather common format. Therefore this might have management systems that you can use.

If you can manage with Wordpress than it is always best but their are some CMS which is perfect to run wiki related website but caution that it is not easy to run such a kind website without proper planning.

Planning is the first step when it comes to anything that you are planning on doing and not necessarily for a website only, because there is so many factors that need to be considered extensively.

Yes and wiki related websites keeps needs to be activated means you have to find detailed and user related information so people can visit year website again and again.

These sort of websites however have a reputation that they are not reliable when it comes to their information and therefore it can be hard to beat that stigma as well.

Yes and sometime it create negative mindset for people as sometime we might give biased information specially if you run politics related information and it is very hard to maintain.

WordPress is the most preferred CMS software. You can handle almost all the website and its contents using it. It also offers various plugins which are very useful to monitor sites activity and for SEO.

Bias when it comes to the internet and the various different sites that there are out there can be very hard to overcome especially when it comes to similar templates.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back