Cleaning the inside of your laptop

Lämmchen

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 15, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
How often do you open up your laptop and clean out the inside?

I usually don't even think about doing it, but my fan was running so loud it sounded like a jet plane! I couldn't get it fully opened because I was afraid to touch a few things, but I was able to get a q-tip in there enough to dig out some of the dirt that had accumulated. I guess I got enough cleaned because the fan is super quiet again.

It's better to have it checked by a technician who could make sure that nothing will be damaged on the inside. It could price a bit but is sure worth it.

It's better to have it checked by a technician who could make sure that nothing will be damaged on the inside. It could price a bit but is sure worth it.
This. I tried to clean out my Xbox One a month or so ago and ended up breaking the console in the process. I did get it cleaned though lol.

As for my laptops, I don't bother cleaning them unless you mean the outside. Most of the laptops I had, didn't have a lot of problems when it comes to dust collection. It's usually easy to take what dust there is, out when it shows up.

How often do you open up your laptop and clean out the inside?

I usually don't even think about doing it, but my fan was running so loud it sounded like a jet plane! I couldn't get it fully opened because I was afraid to touch a few things, but I was able to get a q-tip in there enough to dig out some of the dirt that had accumulated. I guess I got enough cleaned because the fan is super quiet again.
I didn't realize that dirt alone could cause the fan to be so loud. I always figured the noise was coming from some "background programs" running that shouldn't be there, like viruses or bugs 👀 so I'd immediately run a scan to see what's up.
I keep the laptop pretty clean anyway, as I am very allergic to dust and wouldn't be able to work very long while coughing and sneezing the whole time.

I can't say I ever had. I will use one of those duster cans to blown out the bottom and the keyboard a few times a year but I never open it up. I clean my main PC 3 times a year. That one I have to remove a glass window and clean 6 different fans in.

I can't say I ever had. I will use one of those duster cans to blown out the bottom and the keyboard a few times a year but I never open it up. I clean my main PC 3 times a year. That one I have to remove a glass window and clean 6 different fans in.
Oh, he's talking about actually opening it up? Like taking it apart?
I wouldn't even begin to know how to do that.
I thought he meant just opening the laptop and cleaning the inside, like the screen and keyboard.
I think a feather duster or one of those Swiffer things would be good for the keyboard. As for the screen, just a damp cloth - water only! And then dry.
Windex has not been my friend with this.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back