What's new

Can the government create its own stock?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
There are many governmental companies as well and these companies work in many parts of the country. Having said that, this does not necessarily mean that the governmental companies should be listed on the stock exchange. Regardless of this, do you think that the governmental company could create and issue its own stock or shares?

I honestly don't know, but I'm sure the government could produce their own stocks. But, the idea of it seems kind of unlikely, as I don't think the government want to have stocks where people could potentially own part of the government. So maybe no? I'm sure the GOV has a lot of say in terms of regulations and laws on the stock market though.

If the government in your country has businesses, it can surely create stocks for its company. In my home country, the government ownes multiple businesses from an oil companies to tell companies and some of the government-owned companies are publicly traded companies.

In my country also the government has many companies and these companies issue shares in the local stock market, so it is possible, anyway, I am not the type of person who is interested in this type of companies, I do not want to have anything to do with business related to the government.

In my country also the government has many companies and these companies issue shares in the local stock market, so it is possible, anyway, I am not the type of person who is interested in this type of companies, I do not want to have anything to do with business related to the government.
In my home country, the government has proven to be a failure when it comes to running a business. A lot of government-owned companies have gone bankrupt or liquidated. However, there are a couple of companies that are profitable and these companies are releasing IPO.

In my home country, the government has proven to be a failure when it comes to running a business. A lot of government-owned companies have gone bankrupt or liquidated. However, there are a couple of companies that are profitable and these companies are releasing IPO.
Yes, governments do not usually have much knowledge about the market and business in general, in my country many government companies have also disappeared due to poor management or corruption, it is something already common to see sometimes, governments only know how to absorb money from the private sector, but not using it wisely.

Yes, governments do not usually have much knowledge about the market and business in general, in my country many government companies have also disappeared due to poor management or corruption, it is something already common to see sometimes, governments only know how to absorb money from the private sector, but not using it wisely.
People in the government frequently change. When the government changes, new people will be employed in these state-owned companies, the government also has a vested interest and tries to interfere with business performance. That's the reason why the government is a bad businessman.

People in the government frequently change. When the government changes, new people will be employed in these state-owned companies, the government also has a vested interest and tries to interfere with business performance. That's the reason why the government is a bad businessman.
That is also true, in democratic regimes the government usually changes from time to time, that is why interests change quickly, I have realized that where government companies work better are in those countries where do not constantly change governments, such as Russia or China among others.

That is also true, in democratic regimes the government usually changes from time to time, that is why interests change quickly, I have realized that where government companies work better are in those countries where do not constantly change governments, such as Russia or China among others.
Agreed.
In communist or authoritarian countries, the government does not change. Likewise, they also do not have a free market, so there is no competition. The government creates products and sells them to its people. In democratic countries there is competition and private businesses make better use of the free market.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back