Blast from the Past WFH Job #1 - Stuffing Envelopes

Melanie M

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 23, 2021
USD
$0.9200USD
Biznotes
These older work from home jobs were around even before computers. You could find ads for them hanging on supermarket bulletin boards. 📌
I'm just wondering if anyone else remembers them (?)

Stuffing Envelopes: These were almost always a scam. 😵😁
In fact, just by taking the advertisement home and getting the "company" to send you 100 printouts of the exact same one you had, including 100 envelopes, you're already involved in the scam. Or Pyramid Scheme, as my dad called it.
Because first you would have to send them $10.00 to go into business with them.
By using the address list they sent you (or worse yet, coming up with your own,) 😬 you'd put the ads into envelopes, asking for the same $10.00, only the money would be going to the "company" (by now, we all know the company is just another person.) And if you're lucky, and maybe someone on the address list decided to join the envelope-stuffing biz, you might see a portion of that $10.00. But only if you could get other members to join.
Have you ever done the envelope-stuffing gig? Did you happen to find one that was legit? Please share.

Screenshot_20230603-142914.png

Never heard of a job like this. I can see the resemblance of this job with Ponzi scheme, you earn money only when you are able to recruit someone under you. However, I once did a job where I was required to collect advertising contracts for newspapers and I was paid 50 percent of what the advertisers paid. It was a good job but convincing people to advertise was really a hard work.

Never heard of a job like this. I can see the resemblance of this job with Ponzi scheme, you earn money only when you are able to recruit someone under you. However, I once did a job where I was required to collect advertising contracts for newspapers and I was paid 50 percent of what the advertisers paid. It was a good job but convincing people to advertise was really a hard work.
I'll bet. Convincing people to do any kind of work these days is hard work.
I was talking to the owner of a pet shop and he said he was having the hardest time hiring people, even young college kids to work stock part-time.
He came right out and said, "Kids these days just don't wanna work! Too busy smoking weed, staying up all night, and playing video games. Then they sleep all day."
Yikes
We're looking at a bright future.

When I was growing up, having your own income source was considered very good. It was a matter of pride when a kid was making some money. However, these days I see a lot of people ashamed of working, they just want to spend their parents' money. Well, generalization is bad but that's what I see in society.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back