What's new

Beware of wallets updates

There is a lot of fake updates that don't belong to the wallet developper and when you download
the update you will be asked to right your password or private key if you did that your BTC will
be stolen always check if the update is really belong to the wallet itself you can contact wallet
developper to confirm that
Does this mean the wallet app can be hacked without the developers knowing?

Its good to always be cautious when it comes to passwords, especially when it comes to any site that handles your money.

There is a lot of fake updates that don't belong to the wallet developper and when you download
the update you will be asked to right your password or private key if you did that your BTC will
be stolen always check if the update is really belong to the wallet itself you can contact wallet

Any kind of update that pops up in my smartphone linking updating my wallet which isn’t directly from opening the wallet application by myself, I’m never looking at it twice or talk more about considering updating with such.

Thanks for this thread. I remember when I received a fake email from some scammers claiming I should click a particular link to update my block chain wallet, I deleted it immediately because I was already aware of something like this. everyone, beware.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for this thread. I remember when I received a fake email from some scammers claiming I should click a particular link to update my block chain wallet, I deleted it immediately because I was already aware of something like this. everyone, beware.

Post automatically merged:

Scammers always look for a way to bypass one's security in wallet and even any other financial accounts through email spam. It's only when you are not careful enough to click unknown links that they can have access to your account and steal your money.

There always high risk in online transections, really whenever I try to send my cryptocurrency to other wallet, i feel very scary and doubtful, because I'm a newbie in this field and i have fear of mistakes. We all must be well aware about all the updates about wallets.

Yes, you are right. Some hackers send updates via email and we update them so we give our password and all the information to the hackers.And whenever you need to update the vault, update it from the Play Store.I've never updated from outside of Playstore That's why I'm safe.

I read about this before and since then im always trying to be careful and when my app has a pop up for an update i wouldn't just tap it there. I would close the app and go directly to playstore to see if the update is legit. We can never be too careful nowadays.

I use coinbase and binance on my phone and I update only when asked, while updating, I will make sure I am updating the right app through the right platform.

This calls for a lot of caution. To update wallets or even other apps on one's device, you should be sure of where you are downloading from and the authenticity of the prompting to update.

Hmmm. These people are just looking for every possible ways to hacked into someone's wallet. Anyway the best is just to get our application updates from trusted platforms like the playstore.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back