Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
My mom and dad are not very good when it comes to tech. My mom knows how to use a PC to some extent as well as her smartphone and a tablet she shares with my dad. But aside from that, they're not very tech savvy. In fact they still have trouble using a roku remote on their tv. These old timers used to know how to set up and use VCRs, so I don't get why they have such issues with these new tech items. If anything with a guided user interface it should be easier than ever these days.

Are your parents good with tech?

My mum and my dad have always been tech-savvy however my dad's health has been deteriorating since around early 2017 and unfortunately, just over a month ago he was diagnosed with dementia. As much as he still uses technology such as his phone and his laptop from time to time with my mum's help, he does not use them as much as he used to and sometimes struggles to do things he used to understand with ease.

No, they are in no way experts, I would say quite the opposite, they only know how to use the basic functions of a computer and a mobile phone, for all other things they need help, and no matter how hard they try, they don't learn, I guess the Technology has two ways of approaching it, either using it from a young age, or having a real interest in learning about it, and most of the time older people have neither learned to use it when they were young, nor have they real interest in doing so now when they are older.

My parents are not tech savvy, they cannot even operate a smartphone properly. It is understandable that my mother being a housewife and not educated, does not know anything about tech., However, my father despite working s a journalist for many years, is zero with it comes to using gadgets.

My parents haven't bothered much about improving their technological status. They just want to live the simple life and feel that technology will place them in a lot of stress. I guess it has a lot to do with age anyway, and their generation didn't have a lot to do with technology.

Absolutely not! My mother is always calling me to do something for her whether it's on her phone, Roku, or even her TV. 🥰 I be like 'bless your heart.'

My parents are not that very much interested in all the technology that we have today. They only need the simple ones that they need to take care of the things that will make life a little bit easier for them just like smartphone, blender microwave and the rest.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back