What's new

Are there too many remakes in the movie business?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I think the movie industry, especially in Hollywood, likes to remake films too much. Whether it be a foreign movie for an American audience, to a remake of a horror classic, to a reboot of a popular franchise, and a remake of an older film, etc. I am for remakes when it makes sense, but most of the time I just wish people would just watch the original movies. What do you think?

I believe so that there's been a lot more remakes in movies or even TV series crossed to movies today in the movie's industry. Some of them are even too rushed that they end up being a piece of garbage. Take a good look on what DC did with the remake of the Flash Movie based off of TV series.

I often say to people when they talk about movies that it seems as though the film industry is running out of new ideas for movies and so they keep taking old classics and remaking them.

As much as I do not mind remakes, if they are not done right, it can ruin the whole movie, not just the remake but it can also put you off the original as well. They seem to keep wanting to push out movies though as when they do, it creates money and I feel a lot of the time remakes do get rushed.

I often say to people when they talk about movies that it seems as though the film industry is running out of new ideas for movies and so they keep taking old classics and remaking them.

As much as I do not mind remakes, if they are not done right, it can ruin the whole movie, not just the remake but it can also put you off the original as well. They seem to keep wanting to push out movies though as when they do, it creates money and I feel a lot of the time remakes do get rushed.

Seriously, I'm with you in this one about if the remakes are not done right and it's effects on the whole movie. It kills any other kind of interest people will have for the movie because of one bad remake. It's why producers should never be in a haste to rush out a new remake.

There are many but not that much. I think there are only few movies that deserve remakes as nothing really beats the original ones.

YES. I tell my wife this all the time. New ideas in the west are few and far in between. People would rather do remakes because they almost guarentee a profit, even if they tank. That is the problem.

This is why we see movies have from chapter 1 to 10 or more like in Saw which is having Saw 10 ready for the next Halloween. The dame same is happening with Scream getting 7th chapter. The producers are banking on the success of the previous chapters and it's why they keep remaking more.

Like you, I think some remakes are just tiring to watch. The original is always so iconic. Trying to tweak it into different genres sometimes messes it all up. I also think that there is a lot of repetition of storylines. Just different casting.

Seriously, I'm with you in this one about if the remakes are not done right and it's effects on the whole movie. It kills any other kind of interest people will have for the movie because of one bad remake. It's why producers should never be in a haste to rush out a new remake.
This is very true. I feel a lot of it though is that producers run out of ideas for new movies and then because their already released movies start to not make as much money, they rush to make another and it's always a rushed remake.

I feel if they were to take more time to think of a new movie instead of a remake it would help them a lot more as surely making a bad remake and it affecting the whole franchise hurts them more I would have thought

This is very true. I feel a lot of it though is that producers run out of ideas for new movies and then because their already released movies start to not make as much money, they rush to make another and it's always a rushed remake.

I feel if they were to take more time to think of a new movie instead of a remake it would help them a lot more as surely making a bad remake and it affecting the whole franchise hurts them more I would have thought

The problem with most of them is that they don't hire the best writers to write something very creative because of the pay involved. I think it's part of what the Hollywood strike is all about.

If they hire the best, there's a very good chance they will do great remakes but that's not what's happening at least for now. Until that changes, we are stuck with their below average remakes.

Sometimes remake are really Good for instance, Dune was really good, it was way better than the original Dune. However, most of the remake happening in comoic book characters are really boring. They are only giving emphasis on VFX, they are not working on characters and stories.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back