Are Alcohol and Tobacco as Bad as Drugs

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
If you look at the data published by world health organization or any other health institutes, you will see alcohol and tobacco listed as major causes of death. According to data, more people die from alcohol and tobacco related complications compared to drugs related issues. Yet, alcohol and tobacco are freely available. Any thoughts?

They can be. Alcoholism is very real and a serious thing to deal with & overcome. I feel like alcoholics are just as bad as drug addicts and in a way,t hey are one in the same. If you're an alocholic and can't function without a drink, it's no different than a meth head not being able to function without meth.

Alcoholic addiction is something as bad as drug addiction. Whenever you have gotten yourself to the point where you are abusing whatever you are consuming, it is never good for your health irrespective of whatever that particular product is.

So, I believe that it is as dangerous as drug addiction.

If you look at the data published by world health organization or any other health institutes, you will see alcohol and tobacco listed as major causes of death. According to data, more people die from alcohol and tobacco related complications compared to drugs related issues. Yet, alcohol and tobacco are freely available. Any thoughts?
It was illegal in the 1920s in the USA to use alcohol, but the results were horrible. In fact, Franklin Roosevelt got rid of prohibition when he got into office. Anyway, of course, alcohol, like pot, makes people violent and vile. However, it's impossible to ban these substances and also tobacco.

It was illegal in the 1920s in the USA to use alcohol, but the results were horrible. In fact, Franklin Roosevelt got rid of prohibition when he got into office. Anyway, of course, alcohol, like pot, makes people violent and vile. However, it's impossible to ban these substances and also tobacco.
There are two reasons why they cannot be banned, one, there is a business interest, companies are making a lot of money manufacturing and selling these substances, and two, government makes a lot of money by collecting taxes.

Tobacco and alcohol are drugs, so they are just as bad as other similar drugs, but they can be considered soft drugs, and they are also widely accepted in society.

For me worries arises when addiction is adopted in any of em, be it drugs or alcohol. I can say it has medical or putting the way, health benefits. Addiction to any of it makes no difference no matter the form.

I have seen people who became a shadow of themselves as a result of the way they began drinking alcohol. I believe that people need to be careful the way that they consume alcohol as it can be a killer in the longrun.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back